Thread: Part of Tooth Broke Off Near Gum

Default Part of Tooth Broke Off Near Gum

Help!!!

I was eating some wings today when I felt a strange sensation near my bottom middle teeth. I thought it was one of the bones from the meat (that was what the sensation was like; a piece of bone stuck in between teeth), so I lightly picked at it. Something loosened; I took a look and it was round and very hard.

Even after I picked what I thought was the bone from my bottom tooth, it still felt weird. It wasn't until I looked in the mirror and realized there was somewhat of a little hole between my gum and my tooth (in the back, near the tongue, not the front gum, so it was difficult to see).

I still have that weird sensation and it seems like that particular tooth is a little loose.

I am terrified that I will be eating something a few days from now, and my tooth falls out completely. I have been brushing twice a day and flossing occasionally, so I really have no idea what could have caused this other than my semi-violent eating.

Default Re: Part of Tooth Broke Off Near Gum

Tough to say without looking at it, but it sounds like it could be a piece of fractured enamel. If so, its an easy fix. Please make an appointment with your dentist.
      "Put your energy into music. If it fails you you can be an accountant or a dentist. And then if you become a dentist or an accountant it's too late to become a musician" --Peter Tork

Well, I guess it's too late to become a musician.