• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Part of Tooth Broke Off Near Gum

K

katherinnie

Help!!!

I was eating some wings today when I felt a strange sensation near my bottom middle teeth. I thought it was one of the bones from the meat (that was what the sensation was like; a piece of bone stuck in between teeth), so I lightly picked at it. Something loosened; I took a look and it was round and very hard.

Even after I picked what I thought was the bone from my bottom tooth, it still felt weird. It wasn't until I looked in the mirror and realized there was somewhat of a little hole between my gum and my tooth (in the back, near the tongue, not the front gum, so it was difficult to see).

I still have that weird sensation and it seems like that particular tooth is a little loose.

I am terrified that I will be eating something a few days from now, and my tooth falls out completely. I have been brushing twice a day and flossing occasionally, so I really have no idea what could have caused this other than my semi-violent eating.

Tough to say without looking at it, but it sounds like it could be a piece of fractured enamel. If so, its an easy fix. Please make an appointment with your dentist.

Back