• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Full Mouth Extraction Done At Hospital Or Dentist Office?

S

Sonami

Hello everyone!

I was wondering, are full mouth extractions done in a regular dentists office or at a hospital? Guess I'm a bit concerned about being put under anesthesia and any complications........ OR is having teeth removed really not that serious/complicated? I was told I have a heart murmur, which I'm probably freaking out about more than necessary.......................... :confused:

Hi :welcome: to the forum.

They are done in both places, you will need to discuss your health issues and between you and the dentist you can decide where it would be best to have the extractions done.

Your dentist will know if the teeth can be removed easily or not and if he feels confident doing the procedure in his surgery or if he would prefer to refer you to hospital. It also depends on if you want sedation or GA.

It is possible to remove a full mouth of teeth with just numbing and no sedation. You need to discuss if you would be better having all the teeth out at once or in a few appointments. :butterfly:

Back