• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

White Film over gums around wisdom tooth extraction site

A

anderose

6 days ago I had my top and bottom wisdom teeth out on the left side because of they were causing problems with the teeth in front of them. A couple days afterwards I noticed there was a white film on the gums and teeth on the left side of my mouth and the gums are a real pale pink. The reason I am concerned is two years ago I had a filling that was to close to the root and I got an infection and when this happened the gums in that area also had a white film on them. I have never had this issue before with the white film on the gums.

Is this normal for a wisdom tooth extraction site or should I contact my dentist?
Also it normal to be pain free until you eat something?

Hi :welcome: to the forum.

Yes everything sounds normal. I am not a dentist so this is only my opinion. If you get really bad pain or are worried then do contact your dentist so they can have a look. If you follow the aftercare instructions and carry on as you are then I think you will be fine.

Happy healing :butterfly:

Back