• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Cutting Wisdom Teeth In Fifties?

L

Lindaru

Hi, all . . . about three weeks ago had both bottom right molars extracted and the sites are doing fine; however, I am now having some discomfort where my wisdom tooth would be if it had ever erupted which it has not. I will be 57 years old in a few days and am wondering if I am going to start cutting that tooth now that there is room with the other molars gone?

My dentist is gone now until mid-January on Christmas and New Year holiday (the only one practicing in that office).

Is it possible it could be that? I recall the hygienist a few months ago looking at my x-rays, pointing in that area with her pen and simply saying "something going on back there" and then walking away without explaining what.

I then asked the dentist about the wisdom tooth and he said, "that is the least of your worries right now".

Thanks.

Hi, Im new here to this forum so have only just read this. It is quite possible for you to cut your wisdom tooth now. Im 54 and my last wisdom tooth has just broken the gum, six months after I had a back tooth out. :jump:

Hi Worthysmum :welcome: to the forum.

Thank you for giving your words of comfort :butterfly:

Back