• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Help! Pain between two teeth?!

A

aikiloveski0

Hello!
I just started having this pain a few hours ago. Earlier I was eating popcorn when a piece of it got stuck in between my teeth. Me, being lazy (guilty about it now..), I didnt get up to floss. When I was getting ready for bed, I started feeling pain so I flossed but now it hurts more. I tried to tie a knot and floss with that but I didnt see any food come out or anything.. It still hurts in between and hurts more when I put pressure. I rinsed my mouth out afterwards.. Also, when I flossed, it bled in between those two teeth and not between any of my other teeth. What should I do? And what can this mean? :/ I can't afford going to the dentist at the moment.. So any advice would help please! :(

Tough to say without looking at it, but it sounds like you traumatized the gums. If so, it's nothing serious and will heal on its own.

i used to get pain and the gum swelled slightly between two teeth at the back only if i got meat stuck in between them though, i had to dig the meat out it annoyed me and took a day for the swelling to go down, you could swish some salt water around see if that flushes anything out.

This sounds like just popcorn stuck in the gum. Even a tiny little bit can get stuck in there and cause things to get pretty irritated and inflamed.

I had something (a popcorn kernel or a skin of a bean) that got stuck in my gum behind my molar, and it irritated me for weeks. Flossing and brushing didn't help-- eventually it popped out one night while brushing, a long with a little blood, and the relief was instant.

I don't think there's anything really to worry about, especially since you know it started while eating popcorn. Brush and floss gently to keep things clean, and eventually the mechanical motion of eating and brushing will knock out whatever's bugging your gums. As far as I know, there's no long-term risk, it's just irritating.

(completely amateur opinion, take it for what it's worth. ;))

Back