• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

New here big day is march 17th!

Jenniferrenee16

Jenniferrenee16

Hello everyone! My name is jennifer. Im been reading your stories for a few days now and decided to join. Im 28 and on March 17th im scheduled for upper and lower dentures. Im so nervous and and excited at the same time! Ill be so happy to smile again. Any advice and encouragement i could use would be appreciated. I do have a few questions but this is getting long lol so if you feel like answering questions just let me know. Thanks for reading. :)

First off welcome! Good job on going forward with it! As many times as I wanted to back out from my first appointment this site has helped me to stay a bit calm lol as I was told you're already making taking a huge step!

Thanks you! Everyone always says DONT read about it cause you will feel worse but its actually helping not hurting. Im not even as worried about the pain ill have after as i am about gagging. I have a very bad gag reflex. What your story?

I'm actually just about to start as my first appointment for x rays is feb 21 and I was freaking out about the first one until i came on here and read the journals which helped calm me down a lot.

The xrays were a breeze! Quick and easy i was scared for nothin on that part! I had those done last thursday. For the first time in a long time i went to the dentist for a toothache instead of hoping it goes away by itself and my right cheek was very swollen. So i sucked it up and asked about dentures. They did the x rays and examination and i was done for the day.

I'm glad you made it through it. This site is awesome for support

If it wasn't for this site my anxiety level would be off the charts already :)

Hello and welcome this is the link to my story having a full upper and partial lower I am happy to answer any questions I can based on my experiences if it helps you, well done for getting your treatment underway.
D.J:whirl:

Thank you and ill check out your story :) my biggest concern is gagging. I have a bad gag reflex. Any tips for that? Did you feel anything during the whole procedure? All i know is they will give me some pill to take a hour before. I hope i dont even remember or feel anything lol.

Hi!

First of all, good luck, it's a brave decision to make and it requires some acknowledgement. I've been there, I know.

I'm on day 15 with a full upper denture. I can honestly say, best decision I've ever made. Pain, is minimal, like barely there minimal. During the procedure, besides a couple of the injections which lasted for about a second, I didn't feel anything but pressure. Can't call any of it pain (and I was terrified).

Gagging. I do have a bit of an issue here but only in the last couple of days. I put it down to my gums shrinking and so the denture seems longer. I'm sure if I went back it could be corrected but I'm trying to hold off as there's still some healing to go. It's not all of the time either, maybe 3 times a day.

My thread is just below "D-Day is Monday" or something like that. It's not overly huge as I'm only on day 15 and you can see just how much it was absolutely the right choice for me.

I look forward to seeing your new smile :jump:

Thanks so much for the quick reply! I was wondering how getting impressions go? I feel like i will panic not being able to breath out of my mouth and only my nose. Is that weird? Lol i just have this fear of not being able to fully breath.

Back