• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

bleeding gums

P

patient

I have started paying a great deal of attention to oral hygiene flossing and brushing properly. My dentist was pleased and said my teeth were quite clean and he did not get much scale when he scaled them. Also my gums stopped bleeding so that meant they were improving.

I must point out that my improved oral hygine is as a result of now using an electric toothbush and flosser. So I was happy that at this time in my life I have a good mouth with good hygine which I vowed to maintain because I did not want to go back to an unhealthy mouth.

Horror of horrors :scared:

Tonight I flossed and brushed as I had done before and got bleeding gums. It was not just one area but upper and lower. Naturally I was very upset considering how much effort I had put into oral health and both myself and my dentist seeing an improvement.

:confused:

Last edited:
Please help me im very concerned and cannot see my dentist due to pressure at work and now ive brushed my gu
s raw for trying to make them stronger for the bleeding to go away again and im an emotional wreck and hate the taste of blood help anyone thanks.

Last edited:
why is nobody responding?

You could possibly be brushing too hard. Last night, I had a bit of crimson on my tooth brush. I too, am on the road to better dental health. I had deep cleaning on one side a couple of weeks ago, and going for the other side next week. Been using an electric toothbrush and water flosser (hand held) as well. I know my gums are healthier, I can actually feel them tightening up around my teeth on the side I had the deep cleaning from. Try rinsing with warm salt water and see if that helps. :)

You could possibly be brushing too hard. Last night, I had a bit of crimson on my tooth brush. I too, am on the road to better dental health. I had deep cleaning on one side a couple of weeks ago, and going for the other side next week. Been using an electric toothbrush and water flosser (hand held) as well. I know my gums are healthier, I can actually feel them tightening up around my teeth on the side I had the deep cleaning from. Try rinsing with warm salt water and see if that helps. :)

Thanks. Am I being overly concerned? or should I contact the dentist because if this is as a result of not using the floss and brush in the right way, I need to be shown how.... however I have been using the electric toothbrush for a month with no problem and the floss two weeks with no problem, so this is why I was concerned

Thanks. Am I being overly concerned? or should I contact the dentist because if this is as a result of not using the floss and brush in the right way, I need to be shown how.... however I have been using the electric toothbrush for a month with no problem and the floss two weeks with no problem, so this is why I was concerned
I wouldn't say you are being over concerned, but you are definately aware of your dental health, which is a good thing. If it sets your mind at ease, see if your dentist or hygienist can see you for a few minutes, and ask them if you are flossing/brushing correctly

I wouldn't say you are being over concerned, but you are definately aware of your dental health, which is a good thing. If it sets your mind at ease, see if your dentist or hygienist can see you for a few minutes, and ask them if you are flossing/brushing correctly

We no longer have a hygienist. She left and wasnt replaced and the dentist left and was replaced (they did not leave together ;D). The new dentist now does the hygiene cleaning himself.

We no longer have a hygienist. She left and wasnt replaced and the dentist left and was replaced (they did not leave together ;D). The new dentist now does the hygiene cleaning himself.
Understand ;) If you felt better, I would ring him up, ask if you are brushing/flossing correctly. (I am sure you are) In the mean time, do warm salt water rinses, if you are brushing too hard, this will help to heal the gum. Best of luck! :)

Understand ;) If you felt better, I would ring him up, ask if you are brushing/flossing correctly. (I am sure you are) In the mean time, do warm salt water rinses, if you are brushing too hard, this will help to heal the gum. Best of luck! :)

Thank you Disney Mom. My gums dont seem to bleed as much now when I just brushed so I think it was the flosser that was being used incorrectly last night and wrecked my gums. Too harsh action is just as bad as no action. I knew it was that especially since my dentist said my oral hygiene was improving, and he of all people is the one to best judge. I do tend to panic somewhat, hence why I am on this board. I cannot floss for a while as my gums are too sore lol

Maybe I will have to use some gum paste that you use for teething babies.

:thankyou::thankyou:

Last edited:
Back