• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

spike? hows it gone?

E

es

hope all has gone well today and your new dentist is a keeper!

Ditto Spike!

Fingers crossed your appointment goes well...really, really well today!!!!
Yay you just for setting foot in the door...no matter what happens.

He's in the UK right? It's 5:30 pm there I think. Hope it was well :)

Hello folks

Thanks for your messages.

Just got back from my appointment, I have to say that my new dentist is DEFINITELY a keeper;D

It is probably the best dental appointment I have ever experienced, I felt totally calm leading up to and all the way through, he listened to my requests, none of it was a problem, the whole process was completely pain free, never even felt the needle go in. He let me know what was going on right through the whole procedure, didn't rush and allowed me time for breaks plus the chair in his surgery is sooooo comfortable!!

He has replaced a couple of Amalgam fillings with composite ones and they are absolutely superb, I can't tell the restorations from my adjacent teeth. :jump::jump:

I couldnt be be more pleased with the way the whole thing went and I would most definitely recommend him.

Kind Regards

Hello folks

Just got back from my appointment, I have to say that my new dentist is DEFINITELY a keeper;D

It is probably the best dental appointment I have ever experienced, I felt totally calm leading up to and all the way through, he listened to my requests, none of it was a problem, the whole process was completely pain free, never even felt the needle go in. He let me know what was going on right through the whole procedure, didn't rush and allowed me time for breaks plus the chair in his surgery is sooooo comfortable!!

He has replaced a couple of Amalgam fillings with composite ones and they are absolutely superb, I can't tell the restorations from my adjacent teeth. :jump::jump:

I couldnt be be more pleased with the way the whole thing went and I would most definitely recommend him.

Kind Regards

WOW! That is so wonderful! I can only imagine the relief you must be feeling right now. Congratulations and Happy Smiles!:jump::jump::jump:

Thanks for that Martha:):thankyou:

Its ts a total contrast from the dentist I have recently fired, they were in so much of a rush, I thought they had a cab waiting outside the office:grin:.

Hopefully this will help some of the folks out there as there are some really amazing dental professionals out there, who are light years away from dentistry 10-20 years ago!

Kind Regards

Hello folks

Kind Regards

Welcome to the world of composite fillings! How great are they? Look nice and no one would ever tell the difference unless you told them.

PS. How many fillings do you have?

Hi Lisa

These 2 take my composite filling count to 4 out of a total of 6 fillings. The last composite before these was done at about 100mph as the dentist at my old practice was running behind and desperate to catch up.

Nice one, you must be feeling pretty proud, it's great you found a good dentist it makes all the difference.:thumbsup!:

Nice one, you must be feeling pretty proud, it's great you found a good dentist it makes all the difference.:thumbsup!:

Thanks Colin.

yes; I'm very very pleased with how it all went, I still find it strange that I had no anxiety whatsoever leading up to it or during the appointment, I was waiting for it to kick in but it just didn't happen. I think it was down to the fact that we were both on the same wavelength.

I'm still shocked that I wasn't bothered in the least, just plain bizarre:confused: - if it had been my last practice I would have been in a state of mild panic in the 2 days leading up to the appointment:scared:

Hi Spike!!!

I am THRILLED for you!!!!! YAY!!!Your positive experience gives the rest of us hope that eventually we can be where you u are too. Cured, dare I say? At least your mouth is!!! So are you totally finished now or do you have more fillings to replace? I'm really, truly happy for you Spike...it's like you've graduated!!! So AWESOME! ;D

Hi Mugz

Thank you so much for your lovely comments; I'm hoping my good experience will help and encourage others. It's always a leap into the unknown going to a new dentist so I'm doubly pleased it's been a good outcome thus far.

I have a small chip that is being repaired at the end of August then we are starting to look at an Implant and a couple of other Cosmetic procedures that are not desperately needed.

It's interesting my new dentist took an hour to do the work yesterday but my old dentist had allowed just 30 minutes for the same job. Says it all really. I don't mind being there for longer if the end result is as good as this ;

Kind Regards

Hi Spike this is brilliant news and such a relief that it has gone so well!

Hi Lisa

These 2 take my composite filling count to 4 out of a total of 6 fillings. The last composite before these was done at about 100mph as the dentist at my old practice was running behind and desperate to catch up.

Nice! I think I've overtaken you by 3 fillings I think! Isn't it wonderful that they can save a tooth like this? (trying to be positive lately)

Nice! I think I've overtaken you by 3 fillings I think! Isn't it wonderful that they can save a tooth like this? (trying to be positive lately)

Thanks for that, I've also got a missing tooth, soon to be replaced by an implant, does that count as 3 fillings so we are about evens :ROFLMAO:.

its great as you say, I love my composites, been admiring the 2 new ones today with a mirror :grin:

No discomfort whatsoever today, not even anything where the Local went in, much respect for my dentist, he's a total gent :respect:

I'm so glad you don't have any discomfort today, Spike!! That's fantastic!! Lucky duck! Wait...I don't think luck has much to do with it...more the skill of your new doctor. You've made a great choice, Spike!

I'm so glad you don't have any discomfort today, Spike!! That's fantastic!! Lucky duck! Wait...I don't think luck has much to do with it...more the skill of your new doctor. You've made a great choice, Spike!

Hi Mugz

yes you are right, I can't help but kick myself a little for not defecting 18 months ago but life's too short for regrets and if I had, chances are I wouldn't have "met" all the lovely people on here.

Hope your upcoming appointment goes really well, you are doing amazingly :)

Back