• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Half way There!

M

Moses

yesterday I had six remaining top front teeth removed with socket preservation and instant dentures placed. I was nervous and sweating when I sat in the chair. Fortunately, The numbing went well and several times through the procedure he asked if I felt anything before proceeding. His skills with extractions was great. The instant denture fits great and I have had absolutely no pain. I am on blood thinner and the grafting and sutures along with the instant denture kept the bleeding to a minimum. I go back in three weeks to have the bottom seven teeth removed and socket preservation. Hopefully, February or march I will have mini implants placed to hold the dentures in place. The dentures look so natural. He actually rebuilt the smile I once had. What a relief.:grin:

Yesterday, I had the six remaining teeth removed with socket grafting and instant denture placed. The only pain I had during the procedure was when the sutures were placed the numbing had begun to wear off. The pain was only on one side so it was tolerable. Even though I am on blood thinners I had no bleeding at all and the pain has been minimal. A few months of healing and mini implants will be implanted to hold the dentures in place. Warm salt water rinses have helped. :clover:

Back