• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Impressions

RubyG

RubyG

Well I went in for my Impressions today, wasn't as bad as I thought. Just had to keep in mind to breathe through my nose. First my dentist tried in my tray, and then she started with some purple gooey stuff, and did the top first for upper immediate denture. Then on to the green gooey stuff, breathe through nose again, when she went to pull it out I thought my teeth and gums were going to come out with it. It was stuck so tight, but she said it made a great impression, and thats what we want. Next was on to the bottom, for impression for my partial. She put some green gooey stuff on the tops of my teeth then, filled the tray with more of it, and made impression. Some fell out on my tongue, that was really gross. She said, she would be having me make some funny looking faces. I stuck out my tongue, wiggled it back and forth and had to close my lips around her finger.
Next appointment will be in 2 weeks for my bite registration & to pick out color and shape. It's getting closer & closer to my brand new smile.. Getting so excited now..

Metal Frame Try In, Wax Try In, Eday set

I went in at 11:30 for partial try in , & wax try in. It went great, the metal try in fit like a glove, actually didn't feel all that weird like I thought it would. My dentist told me she was going to do some funny things, to check for measurements. She put a dot on the tip of my nose and one on my chin. Wax try in went great also, when she put it in, she added a little adhesive to keep it in place. She then put something else in my mouth that stuck out and added some kind of molding stuff to it and did I believe a bite mold or something to like that.
She took out some kind of a gadget and lined it up to the part coming from my mouth, with like a rubber stopper that was on my forehead and something in my ears. She said, that was to see how it lines up with my skull. lol She's the dentist so I just did what she told me.
Next she took pictures of me showing my biggest smile. then some upclose ones, and then they put 2 things in each side of my mouth and stretched it and took a picture.
Next onto choosing color and shape, My dentist ask what I wanted and what I would like them to look like, and if or how,I would want anything changed about the way my teeth looked now. I told her, I didn't want yellow, dingy looking teeth, but also I didn't want them so white that they screamed FAKE. I also said, I would like for them to be somewhat of the shape they already are, but not cut straight across. So the hygienist first chose A1, my dentist told her that was to dark. She said, do you have a B1 over there, ( have two crowns in the front) she said they look like B1
Thats what I went with B1 :) She then ask about the shape, what I would I like. I told her I wasn't real sure, but that I did have a picture of smile styles (that I printed off of DANS) thanks to whomever posted that!!! BIG HUGS!! that I had in my phone. She ask to see it, and said, Awesome you have done your homework this is great. She tried to take a photo of it with her camera, I told her I had a copy in black and white showed that to her. So we looked the chart over on my phone and said, I am thinking the Oval shape, she agreed she said it looks so close to my teeth shape. So I am gettin B1 and Oval shape.
I go back on Dec. 1, for a peroi appointment checkup for lowers that I am keeping.
Appointment on the 8th to see them in a wax model, just a look see..
Eday/ New Smile Day is set for January 12, at 1:30 so now the true count down is on!
Sorry this is so long was just so excited couldn't wait to get online and tell all of you. If just choosing shape & color makes me so happy I could cry, just wait till I get my New Smile.

Back