• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

sprained tooth?

U

UKGirl

During a dentist visit the dentist was carrying out root canal procedure in which he put a lot of weight on my front tooth, one week later I started to get extreme amount of pain in that tooth. I went back and he didn't seem to really look at it properly but prescribed me some strong antibiotics incase it has something to do with my current abscess on my upper first molar. I was wondering if it was possible that I might have strained the tooth, the gum seems normal but the pain for the past week has been an excruciating ache that at times I can forget about and other times i can't. However today (7 days after the pain started) it has eased a little, has anyone experienced this?

Hi,
my situation is different, but I was told this week that I have a sprained ligament in a tooth I had root canal on in November. The pain is achy and comes on when I bite or chew on that tooth. The dentist filed it down so that it doesn't hit the tooth below so hard. I've rested it for 2 days and it feels a lot better, but I worry that it will be just as sore when I go back to chewing on it again.
If you're worried, you would be best to make another appointment. I suppose if he put a lot of pressure on it, it could make it ache, in the same way if a tooth gets hit by something.
Good luck.

It originally had a little tingling sensation and the pain got worse, to the point it is putting pressure on my back teeth and radiates up one nostril. I have an appointment booked on Tuesday and hopefully I will get an answer, but my dentist has no bedside manner and makes me nervous. I am currently going through a dental abscess problem on my other tooth and thought it might be connected but apparently it's not connected at all according to my dentist.

I would be very interested to know the outcome of this. Did the tooth heal?

Back