• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Dental implant all on 4 and Zygomatic implant.

L

ledmia

Day One
I have just had all on four done yesterday at Hove Brighton Clinic and all went very very very well ,I had a sedation first at 8.30 am than as I was out they took out 12 teeth that include 2 wisdom teeth ,than 4 implants were screwd in ,I wake up and all was done ,Apparently I was talking a lot during the procedure but doesn't recall anything. I went to the Hotel 3 mins walk nearby with my wife and when the anaesthetic wore off I took 400mg ibrofen and paracetamol with codein I had taken the anti imflammatories and antibiotic before the procedure .I felt no pain at all.I had 2 hour sleep when I wake up I was pain free with little soreness bruising inside and none outside ,mind you everybody react differently but remember I am type one Diabetic.I came back at the Clinic at 4.40pm and the temp teeth were ready ,they screw the teeth on and they felt soooooo good and real I cannot believe so my wife so my kids (so my dog) how I was different .That evening I had just a tiny soreness but no thing big ,I ate a fish pie with bread no crumbs and a couple glass of red wine ,no problem eating or drinking.
REMEMBER to take your prescription in the morning to the chemist next door incase they are shut later .
Day 2 ie today
I woke up at 7 am no pain or soreness at all and took my dog for a 1/2 hour walk my wife help me to prepare breakfast .I had 2 boiled eggs and a toast followed by fresh fruit with yogurt it is now 9.00 going to start work from home !! Well please and human again.

Day 3
I woke up without any pain and little bit sore but fine ,now I am eating as normal and reducing the pain killer intake ie Nurofen and Paracetamol by half .My next Appointment is on the 11 of June to check my healing and to clean the Temp teeth ,also will have a bone assessment to see if A zygomatic implant is needed for the upper jaw .

Hi Kas,
Great news to hear that you went through this procedure pain-free, and without any problems.
Unlike my journal about the zygomatic implants at the top, it was all doom and gloom for me, but this was because I had a different technique to you.
Apparently, there are different techniques for different people, I was unfortunate, and didn't have enough bone density, and too much gum shrinkage so had to have the more expensive invasive treatment.

You were so lucky to go through this pain-free,I am having the "all on four" done on the lower in May, but unfortunately for me, again, I have to have the invasive treatment once again, but will be really worth it in the end just the same.

So pleased for you,and glad my journal didn't put you off.

But for those who wish to know the various techniques used, so they can discuss it with their surgeon and know exactly what treatment will be the most suitable for them, I have enclosed a link.

Onwards and upwards now, all the very best to you with your nice new teeth.

Regards.
Coral ( sheila):jump::giggle::jump:

Last edited:
Thank you so much for your post and it is well appreciated, also I hope that all goes well and they told me the bottom jaw procedure is much much less invasive even with the lack of bone density the lower procedure is much easy due that the bone is thicker more dense and far from the eye and nose sensibility so I would imagine your procedure will be less painful and stressful than the upper one.
Also, your Journal has helped me soooooo much and thank you for all.
Kas:):):)

Hi!!!

im due to have my procedure all in four on Thursday I have already backed out once and this is my last chance, petrified is a understatement,, the sedation is my main worry I'm have 30 teeth taken out and all on four top and bottom, I never ever take pain killers and believe me I have had some serious serious tooth ache over the years I got a thing about pain killers is the pain bearae in your opinion?? Any advice would help xx

Hi!!!

im due to have my procedure all in four on Thursday I have already backed out once and this is my last chance, petrified is a understatement,, the sedation is my main worry I'm have 30 teeth taken out and all on four top and bottom, I never ever take pain killers and believe me I have had some serious serious tooth ache over the years I got a thing about pain killers is the pain bearae in your opinion?? Any advice would help xx

I had 25 taken out, 14 implants placed, 2 are zygomatics. I had immediate temporary loads. I am in my permanents now. I also hate pain killers. For me, they were needed and helped a great deal. I had mine done on a Thursday. Needed the pain killers Thursday night, Friday and Saturday. Sunday I took only 1 and my daughter took me to get my nails done. Pretty much done with them after that. A few days of pain killers and a lifetime of beautiful teeth!

As far as the sedation goes, I had general. 5 hour surgery and I knew nothing. :jump:

Day One
I have just had all on four done yesterday at Hove Brighton Clinic and all went very very very well ,I had a sedation first at 8.30 am than as I was out they took out 12 teeth that include 2 wisdom teeth ,than 4 implants were screwd in ,I wake up and all was done ,Apparently I was talking a lot during the procedure but doesn't recall anything. I went to the Hotel 3 mins walk nearby with my wife and when the anaesthetic wore off I took 400mg ibrofen and paracetamol with codein I had taken the anti imflammatories and antibiotic before the procedure .I felt no pain at all.I had 2 hour sleep when I wake up I was pain free with little soreness bruising inside and none outside ,mind you everybody react differently but remember I am type one Diabetic.I came back at the Clinic at 4.40pm and the temp teeth were ready ,they screw the teeth on and they felt soooooo good and real I cannot believe so my wife so my kids (so my dog) how I was different .That evening I had just a tiny soreness but no thing big ,I ate a fish pie with bread no crumbs and a couple glass of red wine ,no problem eating or drinking.
REMEMBER to take your prescription in the morning to the chemist next door incase they are shut later .
Day 2 ie today
I woke up at 7 am no pain or soreness at all and took my dog for a 1/2 hour walk my wife help me to prepare breakfast .I had 2 boiled eggs and a toast followed by fresh fruit with yogurt it is now 9.00 going to start work from home !! Well please and human again.

Day 3
I woke up without any pain and little bit sore but fine ,now I am eating as normal and reducing the pain killer intake ie Nurofen and Paracetamol by half .My next Appointment is on the 11 of June to check my healing and to clean the Temp teeth ,also will have a bone assessment to see if A zygomatic implant is needed for the upper jaw .

Hi found your journal on your experience, can you tell me did you have zygcomatic treatment. Please let me know are you attending Brighton and hove clinic many thanks. Jo

Hi found your journal on your experience, can you tell me did you have zygcomatic treatment. Please let me know are you attending Brighton and hove clinic many thanks. Jo

Hi not sure if you got my post. Jo

i had the ZYGOMATIC SURGERY AND TEMP TEETH IT WILL BE 2 MONTHS ON JUNE 1ST. I AM HALFWAY THERE AS MY ORAL SURGEON SAID IT WILL TAKE 4 MONTHS OF HEALING. IT WAS ROUGH FOR A WHILE AND I STILL HAVE SOME SINUS ISSUES, NOW I AM WONDERING, WHEN WERE YOU ALL TOLD THAT YOU COULD USE A STRAW AGAIN? i AM STILL NOT USING STRAWS AND AM ONLY CHEWING THINGS THAT CAN BE CUT WITH A FLIMSY PLASTIC FORK OR AS THE SURGEON SAYS, ONLY IF YOU CAN CUT IT (OR SMASH IT) WITH YOUR FINGER. MINE WAS DONE AT THE DESERT RIDGE ORAL SURGERY INSTITUTE IN PHOENIX, AZ. IT WAS ACTUALLY A LIFE SAVING PROCEDURE AS I HAD GASTRIC BYPASS (FULL RNY BYPASS) BACK IN 2004 AS I WAS OBESE AND OVER 320 LBS AT THE TIME AND THAT WAS AFTER LOSING A GOOD BIT OF WEIGHT TO BE APPROVED FOR THE WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY. IT WORKED WELL, THEN I STARTED HAVING OTHER PROBLEMS WITH MULTI-LEVEL DEGENERATIVE DISK DISEASE AND MANY OTHER SPINE CERVICAL AND THORACIC FAILURES THEN THE FUSE WOULD NOT FUSE, I FINALLY HAD TO HAVE A PAIN PUMP IMPLANTED INTO MY BODY THAT SENT MEDICINE INTO MY SPINAL FLUID TO LESSEN THE PAIN IN MY 18 TO 22 RUPTURED OR BULGING DISKS. I HAD SO MANY PROBLEMS WITH MY TEETH AND SLOWLY THEY GOT WORSE AND WORSE AND I HAD SET UP THE "SNAP IN" DENTIRES AS I WAS TOLD I DID NOT HAVE THE BONE FOR AN IMPLANT. THEN THE PANDEMIC HIT AND I HAD TO PUT MY TEETH ON HOLD AS IT WAS NOT CONSIDERED CRITICAL. WELL DURING THOSE 2 YEARS MY TEETH WORE DOWN TO NOTHING, I COULD NOT HARDLY EAT ANYTHING AND I LOST DOWN FROM 180 TO 120 LBS, AND I AM 6 FT TALL. I HAD A BMI OF 12 AND I WAS FACING SERIOUS HEALTH ISSUES, NOT TO MENTION I LOOKED LIKE A HOLOCOST SURVIVOR, LITERALLY. I LOOK BAD. SO AS MY LAST RESPORT I WENT TO DR SISTA IN HOUSTON AND HE TOLD ME I DID NOT HAVE ENOUGH BONE FOR IMPLANTS, BUT HE SAID THAT HE WOULD WITH A SPECIAIST AND ONE OF THE FIRST IN THE US TO PERFORM ZYGOMATIC AND HE WOULD HAVE ME ASSESSED AND I WOULD HAVE TO TRAVEL FROM HOUSTON TO PHOENIX TO HAVE IT DONE AND STAY FOR THE WEEKEND THEN FLY BACK. SO IT HAPPENED, 3 WEEKS AFTER I FLY TO PHOENIX ON WEDNESDAY, ON THURSDAY I GET THE PRE-SURGERY LAB WORK AND CAT SCANS AND FRIDAY MORNING I AM HAVING THE SURGERY, IN THE CHAIR FOR 10 AND 1/2 HOURS AS THEY PUT 4 IN UPPER AND 5 IN LOWER IMPLANTS. I CAME BACK ON SATURDAY MORNING AND THEY FINISHED PUTTING IN THE TEMPS AS WITH ALL OF MY BACK PROBLEMS AFTER 10.5 HOURS I WAS IN SO MUCH PAIN THEY COULD NOT PUT ME OUT ENOUGH TO CONTINUE. SO SATURDAY, TEETH IN, I STAY IN THE HOTEL FOR THE WEEKEND, CHECK IN ON MONDAY MORNING FOR A FINAL CHECK, AND TELL DR BROUMOND AND DR SISTA (WHO FLEW UP TO AZ TO ASSIST IN THE PROCESS) THANK YOU AND GOODBYE AND FLEW BACK ON MY 63RD BIRTHDAY, WHICH WAS A VERY PAINFUL AND UNCOMFORTABLE FLIGHT. SO I HAVE BEEN HEALING AND RECOVERING FOR 8 WEEKS GETTING CLOSER TO THE 4 MONTH TEST, WHERE THEY WILL REMOVE THE THE TEMP TEETH CHECK ALL THE IMPLANTS TO CONFIRM HEALING. DR SISTA SAID HE WILL CREATE A 2ND SET OF TEMPS FOR ME TO WEAR AS THEY "FINE TUNE THE FIT AND BITE FOR A WEEK OR SO, THEN CREATE THE FINAL TEETH AND INSTALL. AT THAT POINT 4 MONTHS AFTER MY IMPLANTS I WILL ONCE AGAIN BE ABLE TO EAT PIZZA, MY DREAM MEAL I HAVE LONGED FOR FO 5 OR 6 YEARS.
SO IF ANYONE CAN TELL ME, DENTIST, SURGEON, NURSE, ASSISTANT, STAFF ANYONE, PLEASE TELL ME WHEN CAN I SAFELY DRINK FROM A STRAW? PLEASE SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME HOW LONG BEFORE I CAN DRINK WITH A STRAW GAIN

@JoJones
HOW LONG BEFORE YOU OR ANYONE CAN DRINK THROUGH A STRAW AGAIN

Hi, sounds like you've been through some gruelling times (to say the least), I'm in awe at how well you've coped with everything you've been through!

The best person to ask about the straw would be your surgeon, because they know your exact circumstances, the surgery, and your medical background. Could you ring or email them with your question?

Back