• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

hemangioma on tongue

shamrockerin

shamrockerin

The last time we went for check-ups (I go every 3 months for a cleaning now) our dentist told my husband he had a concerning spot on his tongue.

We consulted with an oral surgeon and it's a hemangioma, and they're fairly certain it's benign, but they still recommend getting it removed. My husband is also scheduled to have 2 wisdom teeth extracted at the same time.

I know plenty of people who have had their wisdom teeth extracted, so I am familar with what to expect afterwards, but I don't know anything about how his tongue will heal.

Is that type of surgery very painful? Is the healing process painful?

I know he is worried, and I just wan to know what to expect so that I can do whatever possible to help him and comfort him.

Hi,
I had a scan on my pituitary gland 2009 and the scan picked up that I had a "lump inside my tongue. Cut a long story short I had a tongue biopsy that revealed a haemangioma as well.
i had a tongue biopsy under general anaesthetic.
The pain was not as bad as I expected - bit like having a sore throat. Mine was a midline tongue lesion. Pain was well controlled by painkillers.Was sore for a couple of weeks.

hope all goes well.