• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Deep cleaning was not even close to as bad as i thought it would be : )

G

getting there

Hi everyone,im new to this but thought it was important to share my experience with a dental deep cleaning so others would know its not bad at all.ok so last Tuesday I finally got to the dentist to do my deep cleaning.I had bone loss,MULTIPLE 6mm pockets and a fear that was strong enough ti make me shake like a leaf on a tree : )I decided to do my deep cleaning WITHOUT novacaine,lidocaine,topical numbing ect.I just did itall out.I did all four quads at once with no breaks.when I first got there they did lije 20 exrays and showed me some of the little bumps on my teeth that came up in the exray.they told me those would be gone after the procedure.then they took out this little tool that vibrated and sprayed water.I was at full panic.then she started on my frint tooth.....it felt a little weird but not bad at all.the vibration makes it so u relly dont feel any pin point sensation.on some of my gums it kinda pinched but like I said wasent bad and the little pinch feelings came and went fast.it took 2 hrs from exray to handing me the bill.on the drive home (1hr) my jaw joints got kinda sore(from holding my mouth open for 2hrs wich was surprising cause I didn't have to hold my mouth open that far)after about 20 mins with ice packs the jaw joint soreness was gone..about 2 hrs after I got hone my gums started to feel a bit tender but almost immediately after using the salt water rinse mix they told me to use they started to feel alot better.the day after I didnt have any problems.not a single twinge of pain. and my gums were already starting to look a hundred percent better,pink and my pockets were starting to pull back up to a normal level.all and all there was LITTLE pain during or after,my breath smells sooo much better and I wishI would've done it sooner.if u have this coming up dont be scared or worried.its a piece of cake even without any numbing agents.

Hi :welcome: to the forum.

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your experience. Congratulations on going and getting it done. Well done you :jump::jump::jump::yayy::claps::claps::claps::perfect::butterfly:

Back