• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

X-ray Machine hit my left side of my forehead

M

mcarrasco

The dental assistant accidentally swung the machine and it hit my head. Not only did that hurt. I had to go through an agonizing gum test where they poke your gums with that stupid needle. I don't get why this is important? I didn't tell the dentist my head got hit by the machine, I didn't expect that stupid gum test, made my mouth feel like I was being stabbed. I got punched twice in the eye back in march, luckily the machine didn't hit my eye, I would be so pissed right now...my brow bone is still throbbing

Hi :welcome:

I hope the person that knocked your head said that they were sorry. What was the gum test, was it to measure your pockets? :butterfly:

The dental assistant accidentally swung the machine and it hit my head. Not only did that hurt. I had to go through an agonizing gum test where they poke your gums with that stupid needle. I don't get why this is important? I didn't tell the dentist my head got hit by the machine, I didn't expect that stupid gum test, made my mouth feel like I was being stabbed. I got punched twice in the eye back in march, luckily the machine didn't hit my eye, I would be so pissed right now...my brow bone is still throbbing

I hate when the dentist is clumsy. I'm scared as it is to go. But when they get clumsy and bump me I about jump out of my skin. My dentist has hit me in the head, got cement in my hair, got bits of I don't know what in my eyes, slopped water all over me and banged teeth he wasn't working on with tools, and pinched and cut my lip when taking impressions. If I had a dime for every time he has said oops sorry..... he would owe me instead of me paying him.

Hi :welcome:

I hope the person that knocked your head said that they were sorry. What was the gum test, was it to measure your pockets? :butterfly:

Hi Carole,

Thanks for your reply.
Yeah she was sorry and I know she is kind of clumsy, so I said it was okay. The gum test is where she go from 1-10 and poke my gums with a sharp object for over each tooth and see how bad it bleeds. The dentist said I have Gum Disease, which I doubt... I may have gingivitis, but I don't smoke or do drugs so I don't think it's that bad..

I think your dentist was maybe a bit rough or your gums are super sensitive. I never feel when they measure the pockets but I am very lucky that my dentist is very gentle.

They measure the pockets to find out how loose the gums are away from your teeth. The gums need to be firm against your teeth in order to stay healthy and keep your teeth firm and stop them from falling out. If you brush and floss daily especially the flossing they will toughen back up and the next time they do the test you shouldn't feel it. When you first start flossing they may bleed but as your gums toughen back up this will stop. Brush with a soft toothbrush twice a day or an electric one is better and you should be fine. :butterfly:

Back