• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Surgery tomorrw afternoon and petrified, please calm me down!

H

hojojomojo

getting four wisdom teeth out tomorrow and I'm terrified!
upper ones have grown out normally and fine but bottom ones are impacted to a 90 degrees.
Is there anyway to calm yourself down? I know this is procedural and nothing out of the ordinary for the doctor but regardless i am still petrified!
words of wisdom and reassurance please?

I had my wisdom teeth out today and I was like you...petrified. Honestly it's nothing to worry about. Express your fear or anxiety to the surgeon and they should be able to calm you down. Just follow the pre op instuctions and you will do fine. TAKE THE PAIN MEDS they give you! Just take it easy for a few days. Sleep when you get home. Follow the post op instructions. Enjoy the time off.

how long after surgery should you be taking the pain killers?

Just thought I'd follow up. So far so good, no pain no puffy cheeks and taking meds 30 min before they run out. Slept well last night, weirdest feeling not being able to feel the bottom of my lip, like foam. Day 2 is A-ok for me heres hoping for continuous improvement.

Back