• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

My Journal

I'm going to try to keep this to once a week updates now - unless I have an appointment.

So Monday update - I ate a McDonald's cheeseburger yesterday without a knife and fork! I also had a chicken wrap from a restaurant, but didn't make it all the way through that without a knife and fork.

Other than that not much as changed since last week.

Its been a little more than a week since I last posted.

I was a little discouraged last week - I tried to eat a sandwhich - ham, cheese, bun - but that did not go well at all. It pulled my dentures right out almost immediately and I couldn't finish it. I really thought I was ready to try something a sandwich like that and it felt like a set back when I couldn't.

Otherwise I'm eating pretty much normally still and I don't have any pain.

Congratulations on doing so well :). Ham is a tougher meat to bite into with dentures. I have full dentures also and I have no problem with hamburgers or BBQ's but I also have to use adhesive .Don't be discouraged.. :)

Everything is still going well - still a couple things here and there I can't eat.

I have to make another appointment soon for another realignment.

I haven't made another appointment for the realignment - not sure why, just been a busy month.

We (the wife and I) were vacation for a week and eating out every day went well.

Ok, so I guess I am procrastinating again. I'm not sure why though.

I haven't been back to the dentist now since August. Not even for an adjustment. I should go but just haven't had the time.

Life with dentures continues about the same - no real improvements but it hasn't gotten worse either.

I have had very bad tooth pain on my bottom left side lately (I didn't get the bottom worked on).

I know it has been awhile so I thought I would stop in and give an update.

I have not been back to the dentist since last year. I still have to go for the final surgery for the All-on-4. Not sure why I'm putting it off, I'm pretty sure I've been through the worst already.

Life continues with dentures (upper only). Most days I forget I them and I think most people (excepting maybe my wife) has forgotten I have them as well. I can eat basically anything I want with no problems at this point. Just some times late in the day the dentures can get a little loose.

Back