• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Got through it!

• Thread starter haggis for the soul
  • Start date
H

haggis for the soul

Just got back from having a filling and a wisdom tooth extracted. I'm not going to say I've conquered my fear since my anxiety was so high during my appointment that I wasn't sure I was going to be able to go through with it, but I did it! I appreciate this site and forum so much. The education section helped me calm myself before the visit and just knowing that I'm not alone in the world with this anxiety helped me talk my way into staying during the visit.

I was posting on facebook at various times during the procedure to capture my success and most of my friends were supportive, but I did get that one person saying "suck it up." It annoyed me to have someone dismiss my anxiety like that, but reminded me that not everyone understands. I'm so thankful for all of you.

Back