• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

painful dentures

F

flufficloud

Does anyone have an answer to how to correct Dentures that hurt in the front of mouth where the bundle of nerves are. This is just behind and where the front teeth were.
I have had two sets of dentures made within the 2 1/2 years. The last dentist said he put a soft liner, but it appears it is not enuf of a cushion to stop the pain.

The dentures fit snug and i have no problem keeping them in, but they hurt after a few hours, when i talk, or eat. I can't leave them in for a full day without discomfort.

Unfortunately they are out more than they are in. Has anyone else had this problem?
Does anyone know of how to correct this without spending Thousands of dollars more. Since I've already exceeded what it would have cost for half mouth tooth transplants.

I have used the soft liner over the counter on the old set of dentures, but thought by having a NEW set done it would eliminate the problem..since it has not..I'm at my wits end. PLEASE HELP

d

Hi welcome to the forum.

Sorry you are having so much trouble. Have you been back to the dentist since your new set of teeth, they should really make sure that you are comfortable and are able to eat. I would think that there is something they can and should do.

Sorry I can't be of much help to you I am hoping someone will come along soon with an answer for you. Try asking this on the support section of the forum. There are plenty of people with dentures on here so I am sure someone may have an answer for you.

Back