• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I think my long term abscess is healing

I

Iatrophobe

I've had an abscess for 4 years at least. Anyway, it would always discharge once the fistula was formed, pretty gross, I know. Anyway, I had been on the WAPF diet for years now, tried coconut oil for my red gums (I think I actually got a gum disease). Anyway, I have been using neem tooth powder that I bought online. It seems to be doing the trick, but I think it may be healing my fistula and consequently my abscess! At least I hope it is! Usually it's always draining, but a week ago I noticed that the pus wasn't coming out like it usually is. It's still there, but you have to push on it to get any to come out, which isn't the way it usually is. I've also been eating seaweed because I think I may have hypothyroidism but not confirmed because I don't have $ to go to the doctor anyway.

So, it's either healing up or else it's sealing up, but either way I'll keep you all updated.

Hi sorry but it isn't healing. An abscess can only be healed by being treated by a dentist. It will continue to fill up and drain until it is causing you pain as it does.

Please try to get to a dentist :butterfly:

as much as i am a natural treatment person if your abcess is from a tooth root or decay then no it's not healing. you may keep it at bay but it will never go away.

until the cause of that abcess is removed it can always re occur

Back