• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Healing Question

R

rcarcia02

Hey guys,

I'm 19 and had 2 wisdom teeth removed (top left and bottom right) 8 days ago (morning of 7/19). Since then, where the top left one is feels perfectly back to normal but the bottom right is a different story. The first full day after getting them out, I started lightly washing with salt water and there wasn't a ton of blood, but alas there was definitely still some blood. The pain on the right side peaked at about 3-5 days in (never had any pain after 2nd day on left) and has gone down every day since, which I read was normal. But, on about days 4-6 there was a slight to not-so-slight medicinal taste in my mouth which is gone now for the most part, but is still present. I've read that this is not uncommon and is due to the antibiotics that they fill the hole where the tooth was with in combination with some dead cells/dried blood. Also, I have been more on the careful side with opening my mouth too far just to be safe and now, whenever I go to open my mouth, I, very noticeably, can't, or am scared to, open it as wide as I could before because I feel a pulling at the spot where I had the tooth removed and don't want to do anything to damage it. I'm the type of person to worry a lot and think that something is wrong when it isn't so everything might be perfectly normal. But, my brother got his out at the same time as I did and he isn't quite experiencing the same thing as me. Just wanted to see if anyone on here could give me any input and their opinions. Everything is greatly appreciated, thank you!

**It should be noted that there is minimal swelling on the right side and none on the left side.
**Also, I do believe that the tooth that I had removed on the right side was pretty close to my jaw which could be an answer to this but I really have no dental knowledge.

The symptoms you have described are normal for you, your brother has healed normally too. Everyone and every tooth is different and heals at a different rate. The jaw can be a bit stiff as yours is and this is normal too. The metalic taste will be blood probably. If you are worried then contact your dentist as this is the best person to advise you.

I think things sound normal, I am not a dentist, if you get really bad pain that pain meds won't calm down then see your dentist straight away. :)

Back