• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

my cavities

M

megzb

hi!
im megan and im 15 :p
im on this as i am really self concious about my fillings
i have 9 of them and got all of them around the new year in 2016!
when i was younger my teeth were always fine but in august last year i waas informed i needed fillings.
i have braces btw
so i was then told i needed 4, then , 5 then 9, then 14!!!!
i cried in my dentist chair and he dint give two hoots!
you see i was really bad at brushing my teeth when i was 13/14 as i was bullied and thought whats the point.
i didnt drink much fizzy drinks as they make me feel sick and i cant drink natural fruit juices!
i did take the occational sweet tho!
anyway i got 2 fillings done and moved to another dentist and he did the reamining fillings at janurary 2016!
so yea now i brush realllly well and i am afraid i have to get morefillings done thanks to the little voice in my head!!
i want to find someone who can help me with my worries as i didnt think i needed the 9 fillings done!!

if anyone can reply pleaseee cause i need you help!!!!

thank you----- megan:shame:

So Megan we all make some decisions that we later regret. As we get older we typically make better decisions based on knowing more stuff and having more life experiences. I too had plenty of cavities when I was young. I had many injections and yes they did hurt but I went on to dental school and I fully understand why I had those problems and what I had to do to not keep suffering with more dental disease. I also understand what it is like to be sitting in the "chair" awaiting the treatment.
So now many many years later I have had very few problems in the last thirty years. Why? I am the same person, I have the same so called "soft" teeth but I have changed my diet and use of Fluoride topically so my tooth decay problem is gone.
The difference that matters between you and I Megan is you are finding out at 15 and I really didn't understand until I was 23. All you have to do is go to a good site which has no bad pictures but gives easy to understand and correct information:

You are doing the right thing to take control of your body to keep it healthy. This is great on your part! Really great

Back