• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

has anyone????

R

redboo

Has anyone had bottom front teeth extracted, I have no idea what expect, immediate dentures? Emotionally I am finding it difficult

Hi, I have been told by my dentist that my lower front teeth have to be removed due to gum disease. I go next week for a mold of my teeth then he will pull them and put a partial in. It's upsetting but I'm tired of hiding my teeth. I want to smile again! I'm excited about my new journey and although there will be ups and downs it's better than living depressed and full of anxiety! Have u seen a dentist? I'm here if you need to talk!!

Yes, I have had all my front bottom teeth extracted. I did not feel anything. No pain, no pressure. I was given immediate dentures immediately afterwards.

Oh I see, so how is it going? Are you adjusting well to the dentures?

It's going great! I can eat pretty much anything and speak well with the dentures. I don't regret getting them. I should have done it sooner. If you have a good attitude you will adjust fine:)

Thank you both for replying yes I have an appointment with a new dentist TODAY so going to explain all my fears hope they understand. My old dentist wanted me to have the teeth removed then do the molds when my gums had healed which would leave me with no front bottom teeth for ages yet in my early consolation with her she said immediate dentures could be done, this was the reason I instantly lost my trust I had in her as I felt I couldn't be left without teeth , I work with the public! ! Sorry if I am babbling I have been awake nearly all night worrying about my appointment with the new dentist today, I hate anxiety

Lauralou do you feel like you are losing part of your life I feel so mixed up about it but at the same time I will be glad to get rid of them as they get on my nerves, mine are wobbly and I wobble when stressed and that bugs me,are yours wobbly ?

Lilyh were yours wobbly when u had mold done? How did you feel emotionally ? I just wish I was a person that gets on and does thing rather than stress and drive myself crazy, how long did you take to get used to them, how do they fix in , do you need to glue them in ?

Lauralou do you feel like you are losing part of your life I feel so mixed up about it but at the same time I will be glad to get rid of them as they get on my nerves, mine are wobbly and I wobble when stressed and that bugs me,are yours wobbly ?
Yes mine are wobbly and I wish things were different but it has to be done!! It will feel weird without them but I can't wait to smile again! Praying that it all works out and I don't have to much trouble with my new parcial!

Back