• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Stitches Are Loosening?!

• Thread starter Deleted member 22207
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 22207

Former Member
Hey there!

Heh... So, I'm confused! :"D
I got my two bottom wisdoms out on Wednesday. It's now Friday, and the stitching on the right side has started to loosen.

Like, I can feel it all over my tongue and cheek, and every time I swallow my spit or am trying to eat, I feel like it's tugging at the string. Every time I do any of those acts, my gum starts to sting a little.

It's not like I'm bleeding anymore, and I've been rinsing with salt water every chance I get (especially after I eat!)
The pain isn't excruciating either. I can definitely handle it without painkillers - it's just kind of like a scratch, and then the pain goes away.

If this info is anymore useful, the dentist gave me one extra stitching on my right side. The right wizzie was very stubborn, so I'm gonna safety assume it's the extra stitching that's falling apart?
It just feels like it's too soon for this!

I'm afraid of the stitches falling before I'm healed up ;w;
Don't want dry socket or anything...

Don't worry, there is nothing wrong :) Your gum is healing so the stitches are not really holding anything together anymore. The more your gum heals together the more it is capable of holding itself so the stitches become less useful, become more loose and eventually you would go back in a week for a check up and for your stitches to be taken out (which for feeling is way less then even the injection).

Don't worry, there is nothing wrong :) Your gum is healing so the stitches are not really holding anything together anymore. The more your gum heals together the more it is capable of holding itself so the stitches become less useful, become more loose and eventually you would go back in a week for a check up and for your stitches to be taken out (which for feeling is way less then even the injection).

Aaah, that would make sense! ;w; /
My stitching is dissolvable so I can understand that it might fall out on its own... It's just that my left side has been in 0 pain all this time, and the stitching is still in place! The right side gets a little achy every now and then, so I'm not sure which side is healing faster?

Back