• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Cavities in all of my molars

J

JasmineTilde

My appointment is being scheduled this Monday, and I'm terrified of what the dentist is going to say. All of my molars have cavities (only one has chipped, though), and will need fillings. I might not be able to afford crowns if the cavities are too bad - I can't really tell. If I end up needing crowns, I'll probably end up having to get them pulled instead, and I dont know how I'll chew without my molars. I'm so scared.

I'm just stressing and thinking the worst and I keep having dreams that I lose all my teeth (even though all the visible ones look fine). I have anxiety and I'm terrified of the dentist so that just makes this wait so much worse.

Cavities on molars should not necessarily mean crowns. Obviously depends on the case and the person but fillings, overlays/onlays are also a solution and cheaper. And if it comes to crowns in a non-smile region fused crowns are cheaper and just as good as the more expensive full porcelain ones. So there is a range in price and solutions.

My appointment is being scheduled this Monday, and I'm terrified of what the dentist is going to say. All of my molars have cavities (only one has chipped, though), and will need fillings. I might not be able to afford crowns if the cavities are too bad - I can't really tell. If I end up needing crowns, I'll probably end up having to get them pulled instead, and I dont know how I'll chew without my molars. I'm so scared.

I'm just stressing and thinking the worst and I keep having dreams that I lose all my teeth (even though all the visible ones look fine). I have anxiety and I'm terrified of the dentist so that just makes this wait so much worse.

You can discuss with your dentist your treatment options and what you can afford. Some dentists offer finance or payment plans to spread the costs.
Alternatively you can ask for the teeth to be temporarily dressed so then a semi-permanent filling can be placed, which will keep them going until you are ready for the final crowns.

Back