• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

So proud of myself!

M

melsyboo

I had not been to a dentist since I was a child. It has been at least 30 years! I developed a pain in one of my upper teeth. I could see a dark spot, so I knew I had to go. I was more terrified of it getting infected and dying from it than going to the actual dentist. I was shaking and nauseous as I drove to my appt today. I had researched to find a reputable dentist and came across a local place. I could not be happier with how it went! This dentist and his assistant are so nice and made me feel at ease from the moment I arrived. X-rays showed I did indeed have an infected tooth that needs a root canal. They are amazed that I only have 3 small cavities and that's it! They said I have good genes and strong teeth. I am so grateful as I know how much worse this could have went. Root canal is scheduled in a few weeks. Meanwhile, he gave me antibiotics for the infection. So glad I made the decision to go! I actually look forward to my treatment plan! I never thought it would be possible!!!!

That's fantastic news!! So happy for you!!