• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

No space to floss

C

caries

I got a composite filling yesterday and i went to floss and there is no space between my tooth at all. The filling has bonded my tooth to the one next to it and so there is no where I can put floss in. Is there any way that my dentist can fix this, what should i do ? I thought that they were supposed to floss in between there so that my teeth do not get stuck together. I am really scared this might harm my other tooth now ...has any one had this happen to them or have heard of this?

Some resistance when when driving floss between teeth is normal. However if it the floss won't go through it seems the contact points between the teeth got bonded as well. You'll need to go back to your dentist who can easily fix this by separating them with a metal band/wire thingy :).

Back