• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

What should I do? Extraction brought forward!

R

rebeccauk

My dentist has contacted me to offer me an appointment in 2 days to have my impressions made for my denture then to have my two front teeth extracted this time next week. I'm freaking out. I still have very bad pain in both of these root canalled teeth including shock type pains. The dentist can't diagnose why the pain is still there so the next step to get me pain free would be extraction.

Im scared that it will be the wrong decision for me to have the teeth pulled...even though I've had 11 weeks of sometimes excruciating pain, lost 3 stone, developed high blood pressure and am signed off work with stress all due to the anxiety associated with the pain I've been in.

Do I just go ahead and have them pulled? My doctor has been exploring trigeminal neuralgia at my request but I'm really not sure that's what my pain is. It doesn't seem to follow a TN pattern and in the most part presents as a continuous dull ache

Do I just get on with it and face the consequences after?! Help please

Can you get a second opinion? Given the permanency of extraction, I'd want to be sure that's really the only option.

I am now seeing a new dentist to the one who did the root canals and he said the root canals were done to a good standard but there are things he thinks he could improve upon if he had a go at re-root canalling, his preference would be to do this but after all I have been through my anxiety just won't allow him to do this. I cannot bear the thought of another root canal

I have similar problem. My 2 root canaled teeth are cosing me problems and I get shock like pains in my top teeth , including root canal. One of them have been redone by private ebdodontist and still pain continues. I have been told I have Trigeminal neuralgia and I am on Gabapentin for one week now with no relief.

Back