• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I manged to talk to my dentist

:jump::jump: Glad it went well for you... ! :)

I asked a question how many teeth I have she said 27, I ran into the plumber/electric guy we have in the pratice also the dental pratice was running 30 minutes behind. including the dentist I see If i asked I would have not seen anyone else. I dont like going reason why I have 27 not because I had bad teeth removed as an adult, I cannot carry 32.

Needed a bit of clean and scrap, but no polish so much for running behind, no new fillings needed, no teeth need removing, next checkup December 5th

Last edited:
Even though I dont have to go to December I will still dread going, she told me she has seen a lot worst than mine, and dont be silly. having dental anxiety is not nice but there is a lot of other people in the same boat as me. would it be easier if I had not a narrow mouth.

She did say I could have them all out if I wanted to, I just got to keep working at it, I hard having over crowding, she also said again I had a partal erupt wisdom tooth which is coming through at 33 think I had it like this for the last 15 years I hope I dont have to have the thing removed as I am worried it will damage the tooth next to it as I had a filling on it, which may need crowning (I dont want to lose another tooth) I am not sure where I had the root canal which tooth this is, because I have a narrower mouth and cannot hold 32 teeth, dentures are not an option for me, I have a overbite so the dentures will probably drop out and I dont fancy having an operation to bring my jaw together like the dentist wanted me to have done when I was nine.

It is not good when the dentist is running behind, I know emergecies can happen, treatment overrun, but the ones who turn up late does not help. It was good seeing our plumber/electricity/heater servicing guy, he spends quite a bit of time in the dentist, due to grinding his teeth

isn't it crazy how we can go and go and be okay when we are there but leading up to appt and time you walk through the door nerves get the best of us... hope it goes well :)

I hope in December the dentist pratice is not running behind, my gums were still 2s last time, I want to fixed a couple of problems which i dont like about my teeth. would dearly love implants and bridges

I will carry on going to the dentist and talking to my dentist in December, I been going to the dentist since I was a child and be up to 33 (6 months check up, reduced to 3 months) not because I have poor hygeine the dentist likes to keep on top of things for me, because I have a small mouth and awakard teeth, overbite/crossbite, I dont want to lose my teeth and will get any fix if there any problems like I done in the past.

I hope my dentist never retires. if she does she will leave notes for my next dentist to tell them I am difficult person who get scares.

I think it because the last dental abscess I had was a problem, I fear every twinge ache is a problem I got a difficult mouth to keep clean, I am trying my best, one of the reasons she sees me every three months.

That is really nice you are seen every 3 months.. I would feel more in control that way , more often making sure everything is ok... keeping ahead of the game.. good for you!!

That is really nice you are seen every 3 months.. I would feel more in control that way , more often making sure everything is ok... keeping ahead of the game.. good for you!!

Before my current dentist of now 5 years, even though I went every 6 months before than (and any treatment needed in between) some did have a good bed side manner and some I found difficult talking to, I have a speech problems and poor communication skills so I could not tell them why I was scared, apart from being ashmed about my teeth, dentist have seen everything, our plumber we have goes to the same dentist as me he is always there, as he grinds his teeth, had plenty of work done. bridges, crowns, and his teeth are shocking) with nearly 34 years seeing dentist you think I would not be scared, I always be scared and nervous,

Last edited:
Next time I go to the dentist will be in December, I go every three months (due to a build up of plaque) I relly have awakard mouth, small mouth, with some places difficult to get to. why does it seem that these appointments come up so quickly. I know it important to get any problems fixed whilst there are small if anything crops up.

I am scared of eating certains foods because I scared of breaking my fillings, I broke a filling on some fish batter from our local chippie years ago. I dont think the dentist did a fantastic job of the filling and I lost that tooth after having it filled two or three times, I should have hit it crowned or root canal.

I hate going to the dentist

I get worried about going to the dentist all the time, I try my best keeping my teeth clean as possible, there are a few things I would like to change about my teeth to make it easier for me to keep my teeth clean. My dentist has seen worst than me, I try my best not to make my gums bleed as if I do it too hard I have made them bleed a little, but dentist has not mention about gum disease to me, as pockets are 2mm-3mm

I am due to go again for my next appointment, for cleaning and ploishing these 3 months come up too quickly, I have never enjoyed going to the dentist, I dont like my teeth as it is. I have never had easy teeth to keep clean, sometimes I wish I could have them removed (even though the dentist will not removed them) and have dentures will make it a lot easier for me to keep them clean. I will have no wonky mouth teeth.

I feel shameful that I got awful teeth, I had treatment done on them.

I been on a course to take my mind of my teeth, I still hate my teeth, I hate talking showing my teeth, I get quite self conscious etc about my smile, fillings, root canal and lost one teeth, my teeth are not straight.

I will carry on talking to the dentist in December, I dont want to lose my teeth, even going to the dentist for years, it still very hard to go in there and not be nervous.

Getting nervous I am going in December, I been going to the dentist for years, but I am scared the dentist will tell me off about my teeth, I been seeing her for 6 years, my teeth are awful to me.

Given up with my teeth, I am struggling, I know I am trying to keep the clean as possible, and keep in the best condition properly, I have cut myself on the shower door as I could not see properly with the lighting and mirror.

I hate dental treatment as it is, and cannot eat. Going to the dentist regularly for me has treated the problems. I hate my teeth.

Last edited:
It's nice having a dentist you can trust.

I am venting and ranting still, Doomsday tomorrow as I see the dentist again for another appointment, I am scared that I will lose my teeth, even though I go regularly which is good, I got a huge overbite/overcrowding problem, how the dentist has managed to fixed my problems in the past is amazing. I hate my teeth,

I dont want dentures at all.

Thephilsblogbar,

just want to tell you: you are doing such a great job and really stretching yourself by going every three months. And you are here around and support all the other people with dental anxiety which is just beautiful. There may be things that still scare you and are challenging, but please do not forget all the things you have managed on your way.

I hope your dentist is a very lovely person and will take a good care of you tomorrow and put you at ease. And I also hope you will treat yourself tomorrow after the visit with something that just makes you happy for being so brave.

Let us know how it went

Thephilsblogbar,

just want to tell you: you are doing such a great job and really stretching yourself by going every three months. And you are here around and support all the other people with dental anxiety which is just beautiful. There may be things that still scare you and are challenging, but please do not forget all the things you have managed on your way.

I hope your dentist is a very lovely person and will take a good care of you tomorrow and put you at ease. And I also hope you will treat yourself tomorrow after the visit with something that just makes you happy for being so brave.

Let us know how it went

Thanks she is lovely, I will treat myself tomorrow, I will be able to eat better as family are worried I am not eating much (was doing better last night and today) just Friday and Saturday, I wil asked her about toothpaste (I have special toothpaste) but think I need one for my gums as well. I think one adult tooth loss in 33 nearly 34 is not to bad.

I also need to ask about lighting and mirror, as this will help me greatly, I still live at home, I have a disabilty.

Last edited:
Back