• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I manged to talk to my dentist

Will continue to talk to my dentist for my next appointment next month, I dread going, I dont want to lose my teeth, I am in control, I get scared nearly my appointments because of dread and being embarrassed

I visit the forum daily and try to give people support, I am getting nervous for my checkup in September, want to get rid of some of thes marks etc. scared of losing my teeth, I dont want dentures even though I go regularly. I get upset about my teeth small overcrowded problem, I know I had dental work done in the past and thankful for the dneitst spotitng problems early.

I dont like it having overcrowding problemmakes my and teeth looks awful, and makes it harder for my dentist to give any treatment I need, dentist does a good job cleaning and takes her time, I had fillings, and a root canal done in the past, I dont want to lose my teeth

Last edited:
the phrase, I don't want to lose my teeth, I don't want to lose anymore teeth.. this is what I fear most is losing more teeth.. already too many .!!! I have too many missing :(.. and I fear everytime I walk in to the dentist that they will tell me another has to go. It does seem you are really working hard to keep yours :) thats a great thing!

the phrase, I don't want to lose my teeth, I don't want to lose anymore teeth.. this is what I fear most is losing more teeth.. already too many .!!! I have too many missing :(.. and I fear everytime I walk in to the dentist that they will tell me another has to go. It does seem you are really working hard to keep yours :) thats a great thing!

Yes I try and I get any problems I get sorted out with three months appointments, so dentist can spot any early problems if I get any, I hate my teeth, especially gums currently at my last checkup May 17 was all 2mm no idea how dentist can tell, since I dont asked, maybe I should asked the question next time I dont see her with a ruler or marker

I will have to tell my dentist I am still worried, I dont like going to te dentist, but know after my abcesses last year, and going for the reguarly appointments since I was under 1 up to 33, so that probably equals nearly 100 appointments, as I had various treatments, including removing braces when I was teen. I did not like this dentist at the dental hospital his offices smelt like poop or he did not wipe his bum properly. do I need mention this to the dentist why I dont like going and I afarid said to things to me like how often I brush my teeth.

Gross on the office smelling like poop , wouldn't want to go there either.. I'd exit stage left. also don't like them saying things like condescnding and guilting. hate that. thats the reason so many of us don't like the dentist..

I will have to tell my dentist I am still worried, I dont like going to te dentist, but know after my abcesses last year, and going for the reguarly appointments since I was under 1 up to 33, so that probably equals nearly 100 appointments, as I had various treatments, including removing braces when I was teen. I did not like this dentist at the dental hospital his offices smelt like poop or he did not wipe his bum properly. do I need mention this to the dentist why I dont like going and I afarid said to things to me like how often I brush my teeth.

Gross on the office smelling like poop , wouldn't want to go there either.. I'd exit stage left. also don't like them saying things like condescnding and guilting. hate that. thats the reason so many of us don't like the dentist..

I only saw the dentist at the dental hospital to adjust my braces which was removable a few times, thankful the pratice I have attended for 33 years this does not smell bad, current owner for 6 years had made sure the offices do not smell, which helps. Being a minor when I was in my teens haaing these braces I should have said something, even when I had some child teeth out not due to decay but I did not like this dentist at the dental hospital but had no choice, this was to make sure my adult teeth came through, I remember those xrays with those metal plate things.

Will talk it over my dentist in September I hate my teeth, but get any problems, I just need some touching up, to make my teeth look better, and easier for me

still feel ashmed of my teeth, I hate them, but will took to my dentist for my next appointments I been seeing her for 6 years she knows what I am like.

Got my reminder by email, I dont enjoy going to dentist, I am scared even though I been going for years to the dentist but dread going.

Thinking about phoning up Monday and cancelled my appointment I know I go regularly but I am getting scared being judge, I know from past experience I want to avoid an abcess again, that was not fun. I hate the needle, I hate xrays, I hate the poker

Need to also talk to her about my front teeth as I dont likw to there look, I struggled with my teeth, overbite, crossbite etc overcrowding scared.

Thephilsblogbar,

Its so close , we know you can do it.. ! Do I remember this is a nice dentist you like, who is good? I know I dread even though I love my new dentist, its not him but what they do... ugh... but once I get there in the chair.. he puts me to ease. I bet it will be the same, you will get your questions answered and not have to worry, when do some of us stop worrying? I don't know.. I still do every day almost.. but.. I do feel better after going like , its a victory of sorts. if we have good care anyways.. I hope you go...!

Thephilsblogbar,

Its so close , we know you can do it.. ! Do I remember this is a nice dentist you like, who is good? I know I dread even though I love my new dentist, its not him but what they do... ugh... but once I get there in the chair.. he puts me to ease. I bet it will be the same, you will get your questions answered and not have to worry, when do some of us stop worrying? I don't know.. I still do every day almost.. but.. I do feel better after going like , its a victory of sorts. if we have good care anyways.. I hope you go...!

Yes she is nice I been seeing her 6 years, I have attended this pratice since I was a baby, so that nearly 34 years old and about 100+ appointments checkups including any work I needed doing. I am working to keep my teeth, she will help keep my teeth by spotting problems when the are in the early stages if problems crop up. I will never stop going to the dentist as I dont want to be like my Dad he wishes his parents took him to the dentist. I dont like my Dads dentist seen her twice she is too rough with the cleanings and good looking, he still goes for checkups even with false teeth. he smokes.

Last edited:
She sounds really nice and good :) Thats good if she is still nice after 6 years. and doing a good job!

Plus she is the owner of the pratice there is only one other dentist i will see there she mainly takes care of people into old age as well as crowns and bridges, she was the one who treated my abcess in 2015 good side manner, The only thing I missed now being an adult in my 30s is getting a sticker and a toothbrush

thats.. Good. I am SO PICKY... my old dental office started doing what I call the "switcheroo" where he would come in first but then pawn the procedures off on the horrible dentist no one wanted to actually make appts with.. that was very scary.. and I found out basically he seemed greedy to only wnat the implant procedures and super expensive and anything else he would pawn off.. ugh.. thankfully i left.. but if you have a good one or two at a clinic that is good.. I 'm still afraid my new dental office will do the switcheroo on me.. i'm giong to talk to them about this next time..

thats.. Good. I am SO PICKY... my old dental office started doing what I call the "switcheroo" where he would come in first but then pawn the procedures off on the horrible dentist no one wanted to actually make appts with.. that was very scary.. and I found out basically he seemed greedy to only wnat the implant procedures and super expensive and anything else he would pawn off.. ugh.. thankfully i left.. but if you have a good one or two at a clinic that is good.. I 'm still afraid my new dental office will do the switcheroo on me.. i'm giong to talk to them about this next time..

When the dentist I had before moved to another pratice the reception tried the old switcharoo on me and wanted me to see my childhood dentist (she was known as the wicked witch of the west) so decided to asked to see another one without seeing her, my childhood dentist has retired due to ill health 4 years ago.

Surivor another dental appointment and still have all my teeth

:jump::jump: Glad it went well for you... ! :)

Back