• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Should I find a new dentist?

Should I find a new dentist ?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
K

kclady36

In the past I dreaded the dentist for I experienced rudeness, billing errors and the pushy up sell to get work I can not afford. I found a dentist that is the total opposite. No pressure , no pushiness and they take emergencies 7 days a week.
My issue is on my last visit ( my second) he wanted to do unnecessary work ( I believe, I could be wrong) . I was missing a partial filling on the side I chew on and needed it filled. He wanted to crown it but there was nothing wrong with the tooth other than the filling also it is a wisdom tooth. I do not think anyone crowns a wisdom tooth? Do they not normally get pulled anyway? I kinda felt like he was trying to "make" money and not do what was in my best interest. Also he never done a full mouth exam, never asked me if I wanted one or asked to schedule me. I tried to talk about another tooth that bothers me and he would not even look at it since "I was not having pain" he quickly filled the tooth and had me on my way. I felt rushed like I was on an assembly line. It bothered me. I had $900 on a FSA card to use for "necessary" dental work. I am just perplexed that a dentist will not be proactive in wanting to look at all my teeth.

I am not sure if I am just over reacting or if i should find a new dentist. Then again it is very exhausting to keep changing dentists. I like him for he is non judgmental, approachable and great staff but I also want a dentist that shows more of an interest in my oral health

I have no idea but in general it is not unreasonable to place a crown on a wisdom tooth. Sometimes these teeth are functioning fine and since they are in the back they are under high stress.

Back