• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Amnesia anxiety?

J

Jack Frederick

OK, I am done. Too many people around me getting their wisdom teeth out, I am freaking out. I mentioned in another post that a friend of mine had his out and a different friend of mine gets hers outer in under a month. I can try to pretend that it doesn't bother me but it does.

The thing that plagues me tonight is amnesia. I hate so bloody much not remembering things like the time, date, what I ate, why I walked in a room and the more significant the event I forgot details about, the more I beat myself up. So you could imagine that the amnesia part of sedation (can hardly tolerate typing THAT word, but I will save that for a different day) really makes me mad.

I don't like drugs as I also pointed out in my last post and I don't like the idea of being high. Ideally, there would be something that I could ingest without an IV that would make me a little mellow, not "WTC is life" relaxed and remember the events that took place. Is there anything like that? Thank you for the help guys! I love this forum! ?

I feel exactly the same way. I have to have my wisdom tooth out in two weeks under IV sedation and it's scaring the shit out of me.

Amnesia also freaks me out, not being in control, and also I'm scared shitless I'll act all loopy or say something crazy or embarrassing.

Everyone on here says when you have IV sedation you basically go to sleep then wake up and it's done, but that's not what they told me, apparently it's like being really relaxed and I HATE THAT. It's scaring me so much I'd rather die. I'd be happy to die than go through with it. Life's shit enough as it is.

I know you wrote this a while ago. Did you end up having it done? What was it like?

Back