• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Any NHS dentists that use the Magic Wand.

P

peterd123

Hi everyone,
New to this forum, just found and joined. I have had a fear all my life, now 59 and would like to be able to visit the dentist, and know i'm not going to pass out as soon as the needle is on show.
I'm looking for an NHS dentist that uses the wand. I'm in East London, but can travel for the right one.
Regards
Pete

Hi everyone,
New to this forum, just found and joined. I have had a fear all my life, now 59 and would like to be able to visit the dentist, and know i'm not going to pass out as soon as the needle is on show.
I'm looking for an NHS dentist that uses the wand. I'm in East London, but can travel for the right one.
Regards
Pete
OK, so does anyone know of a good NHS dentist in London area that also does private, so I can pay for the wand to be used.
Regards

I thick you mean the and and not the magic wand which is a vibrator.

OK, so does anyone know of a good NHS dentist in London area that also does private, so I can pay for the wand to be used.
Regards

Many dentists (all the ones I ever go to lol) can give injections painlessly even with just a normal syringe btw and the numbing gel is not even always necessary to achieve this. Slow delivery is the main technique...the opposite of what you would expect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brit is right technique is the key

Back