Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hesitantly on my way

Default Re: Hesitantly on my way

Quote Originally Posted by krlovesherkids777 View Post
      So sorry to hear this!! You have an appt next Tuesday? I really hope it gets better for you and you get some relief!! .
      Thank you! I didn't have any appointment when I posted that. My extraction was Tuesday of last week. I have an appointment for Thursday (technically today now) to get it looked at. I should cancel it because I think I'm now through the worst but will go just to confirm all is well.

So I think the stitches were delaying healing. They're just harboring pestilence in my mouth which is why it smells like a serial killer buried bodies in the hole. LMAO. Some of the bottom stitches came out tonight but there's still more in the hole that won't come out but they want to. They're barely hanging on.

The pain is now significantly less and manageable with acetominophen and ibuprofen. It still feels like my face got hit by a semi truck but at least the nerve pain has calmed down. Progress! Now to get the last of the stitches out so I can be rid of the awful stench they're causing.

Default Re: Hesitantly on my way

It'll be 7 weeks on Tuesday since the extraction. I'm in excruciating pain. There is a massive bone chunk working its way through the side of my gum. It's poking through and scraping against my tongue but I can't remove it because it's huge and embedded deep. I know bone slivers are normal - I had a small one on the other side when I had those wisdom teeth extracted years ago - but this is huge. How did they miss this on x-ray? Furthermore, when I went back at 2 weeks post-op because of all the pain I was in, the oral surgeon told me I'm healing slow because I'm old. I'm 40 and this dude has to be around the same age me! Ignorant and rude. But also the pain and slow healing is because he left a massive bone chunk behind that's now once again causing me pain and suffering. I'm calling Monday and someone better remove this thing from my gum or I'm going to riot in their office if I'm told no.