• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Full mouth implants, bone grafts, sinus lifts, the WORKS! Scared stiff!

:jump::jump::jump: So happy to hear this!!! AWesome news!!

Thank you thank you thank you!!! I appreciate all of your support, you were such a good friend when I had no one else to go to! ❤️

Here anytime. :) :)....

UPDATE FROM YOURS TRULY:

I Had my surgery today and it was breeze. I'm on plenty of medications to prevent infection and manage pain (which I would call minor discomfort) and I feel SO ABSOLUTSLY RELIEVED I DID IT!

The last three days before the appointment I was crying and having major anxiety and was outright terrified to the point of not thinking my legs would carry me into that office this morning. It ended up being just the bone grafting and sinus lifts, so now I will need to wait a few months to heal before the implants and bridges can be installed but I am SO HAPPY ANS RELIEVED!!! My temporary dentures look better than what I had so I don't even mind Hallelujah, I highly doubt I will need to consider myself a dental phobe from this point on!

YAY! I'm so happy to hear it went well! Thank you for posting the update - now go get some rest and enjoy being able to relax a little.

YAY! I'm so happy to hear it went well! Thank you for posting the update - now go get some rest and enjoy being able to relax a little.

Thank you very much! I am sore and swollen but it's not nearly as bad as I had envisioned before I had it done. Little by little I will heal and be ready for the next step, but for now I am so grateful I don't have any surgeries scheduled for a few months and can enjoy my holidays.

Thank you very much! I am sore and swollen but it's not nearly as bad as I had envisioned before I had it done. Little by little I will heal and be ready for the next step, but for now I am so grateful I don't have any surgeries scheduled for a few months and can enjoy my holidays.
I hope all is well with you Anxious76. It has been almost 3 years since your last post. I just started the same journey. Just wondering how do you like your new smile.

Anxious76 I read your journey, im so glad you have a success story. Im terrified of dentists and have been on a journey too, its only the beginning but thanks to your story it gave me hope. Where ever you are now I hope that you are smiling and doing well!

Back