• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

implant site not dense enough

krlovesherkids777

krlovesherkids777

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wondering if a dentist here might be able to tell me what would cause an implant /bone area not to be dense enough or "ready" for a healing abutment. My dentist didn't think it was ready for the healing abutment phase, not quite set in.. (my words) enough . like it might turn or something... wanted it to be more dense. why does this happen and if its not good in 6 weeks when I check again.. then what? bone graft? Just curious. sometimes

Ask your dentist but the simple answer as to why implants don't properly integrate into the bone is it the lack of good bone. This problem can be fixed by various bone grafting techniques. Some are simple and others are rather complex.

Thank you for answering. I am thankful my new dentist is being cautious in his approach and treatment. Kind of bummer it's not healing at good rate but whatever happens even if bone graft or whatever I do feel comfortable w what he says, feel at peace so that's good, I know nthing is guaranteed. He does gracefully answer all my questions inask, sometimes I think of them when I'm home after fact so I appreciate the answer and will continue to wait it out to see how it is in 6 weeks

What if you are hypothyroid and lactose intolertant with not great calcium intake is this going to affect the density and cause issues? also had osteogenesis imperfecta growing up. My old dentist knew of my issues and proceded and said it was fine. I didn't really bring them up yet to my new dentist because i figured they thought it was fine and he probably read my chart, but i'm beginning to wonder if this might be an issue the low calcium intake and if I should boost it wtih supplements to help.

Ask your dentist but the simple answer as to why implants don't properly integrate into the bone is it the lack of good bone. This problem can be fixed by various bone grafting techniques. Some are simple and others are rather complex.

What if you are hypothyroid and lactose intolertant with not great calcium intake is this going to affect the density and cause issues? also had osteogenesis imperfecta growing up. My old dentist knew of my issues and proceded and said it was fine. I didn't really bring them up yet to my new dentist because i figured they thought it was fine and he probably read my chart, but i'm beginning to wonder if this might be an issue the low calcium intake and if I should boost it wtih supplements to help.

Hi, I found you again. ?With my pending bone grafting and implant surgery pending I have started faking Caltrate-D. Calcium supplements can only help and not harm at this point.

Back