• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I thought i would never get over my fear!

M

marthakilp

I live in Glasgow and my teeth had fallen into serious disrepair due to an irrational fear of the dentist! I don't know what I was so afraid of but I tried and failed to go to the dentist for many years. After hearing about a dental clinic from a friend I decided to give them a shot! I didn't know such a thing existed like a dental anxiety clinic but their techniques helped immensely and after my third filling I think I have finally overcome my fear! I would really recommend looking for a dentist near you that specially caters for anxious patients as it makes the world of difference!

I think I saw them on a youtube video about anxious dental patients they seem REALLY good.. I think it does make a difference. Mine says he specializes in anxious patients too and he really is good.. I can tell he has certain ways of putting me at ease and reading my non verbal cues. like really good at it ..

Well done going to the dentist, maybe this will help me get me going for my next appointment in September 17, I have find my dentist I like she is going helping the anxious patients as well as her assistant even though I been to the pratice 33 and seen a number of dentists, does not help with dentist leave for other pratices or go private. but it helps having a good dentist I had my currently one 6 years and no bad remarks about my teeth, I have any problems with my teeth she tries to spot problems when their are small and tells me I am welcome to come in between appointments I am worried.

Back