Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help In NJ Urgent

Important Help In NJ Urgent

For as long as I can remember, I have been terrified of the dentist...shaking, crying, panic attack fear of getting any work done. Because of this fear, topped with numerous bad experiences, I've constantly put off getting my teeth fixed. And I'm now paying for it, as my teeth are falling apart (literally)

I am now ready to get to a dentist, but am having a hard time finding one that I comfortable with. Because of my fear, I get treated like a child being scolded. I need someone who is going to be patient with me and not make me feel worse about myself than I already do. I prefer female dentists as I gd one once and she was kind and not judgemental.

Also, I am a single mom with a tight income, so I need someone who can work a payment plan and won't judge me on that and just pull teeth because it's the cheaper option. I have state insurance but it doesn't cover implants which I need.

Can anyone recommend someone?? I'm in the Norther NJ Montclair south orange Maplewood milburn area.
      Thanks in advance!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to strugglingsinglemom For This Useful Post:

Thephilsblogbar (22nd August 2017)

Default Help finding Dentist in Northern NJ ASAP!

Help In NJ Urgent

For as long as I can remember, I have been terrified of the dentist...shaking, crying, panic attack fear of getting any work done. Because of this fear, topped with numerous bad experiences, I've constantly put off getting my teeth fixed. And I'm now paying for it, as my teeth are falling apart (literally)

I am now ready to get to a dentist, but am having a hard time finding one that I comfortable with. Because of my fear, I get treated like a child being scolded. I need someone who is going to be patient with me and not make me feel worse about myself than I already do. I prefer female dentists as I gd one once and she was kind and not judgemental.

Also, I am a single mom with a tight income, so I need someone who can work a payment plan and won't judge me on that and just pull teeth because it's the cheaper option. I have state insurance but it doesn't cover implants which I need.

Can anyone recommend someone?? I'm in the Norther NJ Montclair south orange Maplewood milburn area etc...
      Thanks in advance!!

Default Help

I posted twice lookin for a dentist in my area my posts had a lot of views and not one single reply and I'm in desperate need of a referral!
      any advice!

Default Re: Help

I'm not in your area. i wish i could help because it makes such a huge difference to have someone compassionate and able to work and have empathy for a single moms budget.. I know.. I am one! If you tell me the area again.. I will help look at website wtih you to see if any seem super compassonate towards anxious patients... my new guy said he specialized in anxious patients.. and he is truly amazing!!! best i've ever had as far as chairside manner, thoroughness and skill with the needle not hurting.. and very honest.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to krlovesherkids777 For This Useful Post:

strugglingsinglemom (2nd September 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by krlovesherkids777 View Post
      I'm not in your area. i wish i could help because it makes such a huge difference to have someone compassionate and able to work and have empathy for a single moms budget.. I know.. I am one! If you tell me the area again.. I will help look at website wtih you to see if any seem super compassonate towards anxious patients... my new guy said he specialized in anxious patients.. and he is truly amazing!!! best i've ever had as far as chairside manner, thoroughness and skill with the needle not hurting.. and very honest.

Hi! Thank you so much for responding, Im in northern NJ. Montclair to be specific

8. The Following User Says Thank You to strugglingsinglemom For This Useful Post:

krlovesherkids777 (2nd September 2017)

Default Paying for desperately needed dental work

I am a single mom struggling to make ends meet I need implants done and perio cleanihg which my Medicaid insurance doesn't cover...everytime I saved up a thousand dollars a catastrophe happened and id had to use the money from bills to buying a car putting money in to keep the car running. My daughters dentist signed her up for a dental grant which we got I wondered if they have those for adults who need significant restorative work done? If not how can I fix my teeth and have a confident smile again without winding up homeless because at this point that's the only way I could pay for my implants and other dental work.

*i mentioned the thousand dollars simply to point out that's the most I could ever save up and it took me over a year to do so.

https://www.healthgrades.com/provide...ramani-ybqj84z

This lady looks really nice and seems very compassionate has alot of good reviews..you can see from her reviews she likes to help people that haven't had access to care. i saw her FB reviews they say she puts them to ease right away and is very pleasant.. I have no idea really. because never saw her.. but if I was in the area and was anxious i would probably be checking her out ...?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to krlovesherkids777 For This Useful Post:

strugglingsinglemom (3rd September 2017)

https://www.healthgrades.com/provide...ramani-ybqj84z

oops i'm not sure about the other one but I think I copied wrong link.. this is the one I meant.. !!

https://www.yelp.com/biz/frank-orlan...oi-manhattan-2

Wow this guy seems really good too.. seems like he personally puts anxious pts at ease even calls them to answer qeustions and put at ease before treatment..

14. The Following User Says Thank You to krlovesherkids777 For This Useful Post:

https://www.montclairdigitaldentistr...ward-babushkin

This one says he is good with anxious patients and is one himself.. so sounds like he really caters to those who are nervous...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to krlovesherkids777 For This Useful Post: