Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help In NJ Urgent

Default Re: Help

Thanks so much for the referrals I didn't state and I should have I am a single mom I have state health insurance and cannot afford to pay for what the state doesn't cover which is next to nothing...and I need implants restorative work done...that's why o was so upset to have so many views and no replies on my other post bc I'm in a lot of pain and can't afford to pay for the work I need done

Default Re: Paying for desperately needed dental work

ANY advice would be appreciated!

Struggling single mom. I remember being on state insurance too. Its hard and not so many take it and it takes a while to get in if they do let you. keep trying though.. Maybe call some of these places and see if they will accept.. you never know? I had horrible teeth and experiences but I did find one gal that was pretty new she was in her 2nd year of practice I believe.. but.. she was one of the best I ever had and has helped give me back the dignigy in my life and smile , she encouraged me telling me I had a beautiful smile even though i didn't believe her I did begun to trust her. Unfortunately my ex. didn't want me going there because he was abusive and she gave me that hope he didn't want me to have.. Since my divorce I did get 2 other good dentists!! But I hear you its hard when you are limited on income.. keep trying.. maybe like my first good one.. someone younger that is compassionate that needs to build their client base more?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to krlovesherkids777 For This Useful Post:

strugglingsinglemom (13th September 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by krlovesherkids777 View Post
      Struggling single mom. I remember being on state insurance too. Its hard and not so many take it and it takes a while to get in if they do let you. keep trying though.. Maybe call some of these places and see if they will accept.. you never know? I had horrible teeth and experiences but I did find one gal that was pretty new she was in her 2nd year of practice I believe.. but.. she was one of the best I ever had and has helped give me back the dignigy in my life and smile , she encouraged me telling me I had a beautiful smile even though i didn't believe her I did begun to trust her. Unfortunately my ex. didn't want me going there because he was abusive and she gave me that hope he didn't want me to have.. Since my divorce I did get 2 other good dentists!! But I hear you its hard when you are limited on income.. keep trying.. maybe like my first good one.. someone younger that is compassionate that needs to build their client base more?

Can i ask how you found her? I found someone who i feel comfortable going to she is a woman and takes state health insurance which is so rare...BUT she is an HOUR drive from where i live! Half of me says make the appointments bc my fear is so strong that i cannot bare the idea of going to someone i am not comfortable with that i know would shame me...Other half of me is like you're crazy to drive an hour JUST because of fear! What do you think? And any advice on finding someone newer to the field would be welcomed!

Honestly I totally think the right dentist is worth the drive ! it is priceless to feel comfortable and less anxious in the dental chair. You are absolutely NOT crazy for driving far.. I drive 40 minutes right now to go to my dentist and he is a total GEM!! and so kind and adorable!! on the other hand I was going to a pretty wacky not so good place 2 minutes frm home before him.. it was conveniant but crazy and anxiety producing.. the distance is worth it I think!!

Quote Originally Posted by strugglingsinglemom View Post
      Can i ask how you found her? I found someone who i feel comfortable going to she is a woman and takes state health insurance which is so rare...BUT she is an HOUR drive from where i live! Half of me says make the appointments bc my fear is so strong that i cannot bare the idea of going to someone i am not comfortable with that i know would shame me...Other half of me is like you're crazy to drive an hour JUST because of fear! What do you think? And any advice on finding someone newer to the field would be welcomed!

Also, I remember just calling around asking who took state insurance. and there were some really horrible places I had tried , not that all that take it are because she changed my life literally.. my first good dentist EVER!! so I think its maybe numbers game,, and now we have so many more webpages and review sites!! which I use for health care.. have you looked at healthgrades.com? you can put inn dentist and where and it gives qualification/reviews and insurance info and alot..

Quote Originally Posted by krlovesherkids777 View Post
      Honestly I totally think the right dentist is worth the drive !
      I agree with KR 100% especially when you are so limited by your State Insurance.

I've merged your threads.
      Last edited by brit; 15th September 2017 at 00:47.
      It's the 21st Century.......dentistry can and should be painless