• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Really worried about my upcoming wisdom tooth filling

P

Peterbuggle

I have a bottom wisdom tooth filling coming up on Friday. I have had two so far (One temporary, one white filling). Both times it has hurt while the dentist is drilling. I've had 3 other fillings too but none of them have hurt at all. It's just the bottom wisdom teeth fillings that hurt. Does anybody know why it hurts?

It's more difficult to get those teeth numb. However, the dentist should not insist on working on your tooth if you are having pain.

It's more difficult to get those teeth numb. However, the dentist should not insist on working on your tooth if you are having pain.

Yes i know but for both fillings I was numb. Or at least I felt numb

Some of your mouth/lips/teeth can be numb without the wisdom tooth actually being numb. It can be a tricky spot to get fully numb and not all dentists are super skilled at being able to do that.

I've had this happen a lot. It's part of the reason why I'm dental phobic now. I wish I had advice for you other than to find a dentist that's successful at getting you numb. By that point your tooth will be filled though. Try to stay optimistic though. You might be pleasantly surprised. Good luck!

Back