• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Root Canal, Pain Worse 2 Wks After, Unknown Diagnosis

It isn't a dental chain. It's a small little office owned by her. She is the only dentist there with around 6-7 assistants and a front office staff.

Yeah a dental chain wouldn't spend 6 hours lol. That can be a perfect type of practice if the dentist is competent and doesn't overreach themselves. I wouldn't go back. Not sure making you pay up front is legally okay really - anyone can have a bad appointment and decide not to return. At private dentists in UK, you tend to pay as each stage of treatment is completed, so you can back out at most points without penalty.
Do you have a lawyer friend who could drop her a line?

Yeah a dental chain wouldn't spend 6 hours lol. That can be a perfect type of practice if the dentist is competent and doesn't overreach themselves. I wouldn't go back. Not sure making you pay up front is legally okay really - anyone can have a bad appointment and decide not to return. At private dentists in UK, you tend to pay as each stage of treatment is completed, so you can back out at most points without penalty.
Do you have a lawyer friend who could drop her a line?

That makes sense. I can totally see that. She stated that I can go somewhere else, but she won't refund my money. I unfortunately don't have anymore money to pay as my CareCredit is tapped out at $2,000 from her office. If she would refund me, I would gladly go elsewhere.

I don't have a lawyer friend who could drop her a line, unfortunately. I should ask some of my friends if they know anyone around here.

That makes sense. I can totally see that. She stated that I can go somewhere else, but she won't refund my money. I unfortunately don't have anymore money to pay as my CareCredit is tapped out at $2,000 from her office. If she would refund me, I would gladly go elsewhere.

I don't have a lawyer friend who could drop her a line, unfortunately. I should ask some of my friends if they know anyone around here.

Is the tooth already prepped? If so then you are right getting it completed wouldn't be so bad maybe although wouldn't do it myself.
Is the CareCredit thing causing the issue - do they pay her direct or something?. There must be some kind of complaints procedure for it? What would have happened if she had decided to extract tooth as couldn't complete root canal properly - surely then you would have been refunded?. Running her own practice with all those staff 2 years after graduation shows ambition but she needs to know her limitations and admit defeat in the interests of preserving her reputation. You are justified in losing your confidence in her.

Is the tooth already prepped? If so then you are right getting it completed wouldn't be so bad maybe although wouldn't do it myself.
Is the CareCredit thing causing the issue - do they pay her direct or something?. There must be some kind of complaints procedure for it? What would have happened if she had decided to extract tooth as couldn't complete root canal properly - surely then you would have been refunded?. Running her own practice with all those staff 2 years after graduation shows ambition but she needs to know her limitations and admit defeat in the interests of preserving her reputation. You are justified in losing your confidence in her.

Hi! Wanted to update you. . . So I went to the endo for the root canal on Tuesday. You'll never guess. . . the dentist missed THREE canals! Additionally, she incorrectly measured the canals when she filled them and filled them WAY too much. The endo made a comment about her shoddy work (in a very nice, professional manner). Also -- Thank you SO much for your previous information about being numbed correctly. Guess what? ....I didn't feel ANYTHING. The endo also explained what he'd be doing as he went along which made the procedure that much better. He cleaned out the 2 canals she did plus found 3 others she didn't do (and explained I have more canals in the molar than a typical person) in 50 minutes. WOW!

I was uncomfortable after, but not severely hurting like I was after the dentist performed the procedure. He said that I was quite swollen so he put in medicine in the canals and I go back next Monday to have him take out the medicine and just fill the canals. He said the hard part is over with and that filling the canals won't take long at all.

Tuesday of next week I go back to the dentist to have the permanent crown placed. The funny part?? The dentist called me after I got home (they get a note from the endo explaining how the procedure went) where they tried blaming everything on me as to why their procedure went wrong. Mmhmmm...I don't think so!!

Anyway -- I wanted to thank you again for all of your encouragement. You really helped me. :)

:jump::jump::jump::scared: So glad for how it all went the shocker face is how the other dentist did... yikes.. good thing you went to specilist..!! so glad it turned out well for you.. !! Now the healing and finishing. :)

Back