• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Cracked molar please help!!!

G

Gamergiirl001

On my left side lower left molar cracked. Theres 4 "sections" to the molar. The right back "section" broke. Started out as a crack and had a hole, but I ate something hard and it chipped/broke. My bite doesn't feel off.
There's a horrible smell that's metacilicy.

My tooth is sideways due to a wisdom tooth growing behind it. It feels I have some food stuck. Doesn't hurt or doesn't have pain when drinking tea or cold water. Avoiding eating on that side. When there was a crack and just the hole it was black inside and its still black.

I'm wondering is can I brush/use mouthwash on that tooth with my regular brushing my teeth or will it make it worse? Using a soft toothbrush.

Last edited:
On my left side lower left molar cracked. Theres 4 "sections" to the molar. The right back "section" broke. Started out as a crack and had a hole, but I ate something hard and it chipped/broke. My bite doesn't feel off.
There's a horrible smell that's metacilicy.

My tooth is sideways due to a wisdom tooth growing behind it. It feels I have some food stuck. Doesn't hurt or doesn't have pain when drinking tea or cold water. Avoiding eating on that side. When there was a crack and just the hole it was black inside and its still black.

I'm wondering is can I brush/use mouthwash on that tooth with my regular brushing my teeth or will it make it worse? Using a soft toothbrush.

Yes you ought to try and keep it clean. Food trapping will cause the tooth to rot and will not get worse.

Yes you ought to try and keep it clean. Food trapping will cause the tooth to rot and will not get worse.

Thank you!
What will I look forward to when I see the dentist ?

Back