• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Question about smoking after wisdom teeth extraction

J

jayt8

So I got my wisdom teeth extracted a week ago and healing has been fine but I have a huge hole/gap in my bottom left gum since my tooth was impacted and it damaged the bone, causing my gum to have a huge gap where the bone used to be. It's gonna take about 3-6 months to heal and I may even need a bone graft. But back to the point, I smoke marijuana to help with insomnia since its the only thing thats been working for me. but I'm afraid after a while the smoke will get trapped in there over time and cause an infection or just build up gunk or whatever since it's really hard to clean in there. how likely is this going to happen? there something i can do to block off the hole when i smoke?

Hi :welcome:to the forum.

I have heard people say on here that if they smoke that they put a damp piece of lint or cloth over the extraction site. :)

Back