• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Had 4 cavities drilled today!

E

Elizaanne

So for some backstory: I have had braces for a while, and evidently while they were on some cavities developed under the brackets. It was the first time I'd ever had cavities in my life, and there were 4 of them (!) plus I had a major dental phobia AND a fear of needles. It was like my worst nightmare.

I panicked about it literally all day, but I was actually pleasantly surprised! I asked them not to use Novcaine because of the needle thing, and they said okay but for me to raise my hand if it was super painful. Three out of four were totally not painful, even without anesthesia (the most painful thing was the high-pitched sound of the drill, ugh.) The fourth actually hurt a little, but it was like a very minor sharp pain, and before I could even say anything it was done in a few minutes.

So, yeah. I had 4 cavities drilled, no anesthesia and very little pain. A few hours later (as I'm posting his) it literally just feels... normal. No problems. I can't even tell where they drilled. The whole procedure was short, relatively painless (getting my braces removed hurt more!) and definitely not worth the panic :)

Thank you for taking the time to post this, it will help others to read of your success, well done you :jump::respect::butterfly:

Back