• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Second leg of my journey.

O

oldyeller

So, on Monday I went back to the dentists and had the rest of my teeth taken out and the lower plate fitted. I can't believe that I didn't run off, wet myself, pass out or have a melt-down.....all of which I have done in the past.

Now I have both top and bottom plates in I can't pretend that it is easy to cope with. I still have some issues especially when eating. I need to 'train' these new teeth. I am assured that it is all normal and will settle down soon. I am still so thrilled that after all these years I no longer have to worry, dream, fret about teeth! The discomfort is minor.............I've had toothache where I have no teeth and the obvious soreness, but nothing like as bad as I had imagined, and thought I took a couple of pain-killers last week, this time it hasn't been necessary.

I found handling the dentures difficult at first, but tried to think of it as the same as handling my contact lenses (which I know a lot of people are squeamish about), and now I am finding it getting easier each time. Last night, I had the best night's sleep I have had in a very long time. And it is such a pleasure to be able to smile at people :)

Back