• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Scared

L

Lilmiss_kay

I’m really scared about having my wisdom teeth out . I’m getting them out on Monday and I’m very anxious about it :( I’ve never been put under so I have some concerns. If someone could ease my mind that would be great !

I can imagine how scared you must be and I was too as I got mine out.

Here is my experience: I got all of them out in one visit and was out of the chair in just 30 minutes. 5 Minutes was the initial talk to the dentist and the numbing. 20 Minutes was the waiting time for the numbing to work. And the last 5 Minutes was the procedure of getting the teeth out. This was much better than a filling and my own anxiety was the only hard part.

My appointment was in the morning, then I went home, cooled my face a lot and slept a lot and was (carefully) eating pizza in a restaurant with my friends at the same evening!

I love to share this story with everybody who is scared of getting the wisdom teeth out to balance all the negative stories that are spread from the most people who had the procedure done.

Probably the most important part is that you really cool your face well after the procedure and that even if you have no pain or don't look like a hamster. I was cooling like crazy for three days after that and I had no side effects or pain or anything else.

Will be thinking of you on Monday. Don't worry too much, you will be fine. Hopefully your dentist is nice and kind and will know how to put you at ease.

I can imagine how scared you must be and I was too as I got mine out.

Here is my experience: I got all of them out in one visit and was out of the chair in just 30 minutes. 5 Minutes was the initial talk to the dentist and the numbing. 20 Minutes was the waiting time for the numbing to work. And the last 5 Minutes was the procedure of getting the teeth out. This was much better than a filling and my own anxiety was the only hard part.

My appointment was in the morning, then I went home, cooled my face a lot and slept a lot and was (carefully) eating pizza in a restaurant with my friends at the same evening!

I love to share this story with everybody who is scared of getting the wisdom teeth out to balance all the negative stories that are spread from the most people who had the procedure done.

Probably the most important part is that you really cool your face well after the procedure and that even if you have no pain or don't look like a hamster. I was cooling like crazy for three days after that and I had no side effects or pain or anything else.

Will be thinking of you on Monday. Don't worry too much, you will be fine. Hopefully your dentist is nice and kind and will know how to put you at ease.

Thank you so much ! This really helped a lot. I bet I’ll be fine once I get there and relax a little bit :) thank you !

Back