• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Wisdom tooth extraction, maybe a lymph on my cheek

V

veli4ka

Hi all,

I had my lower left tooth extracted on the 2nd of November. I am still very swollen, no pain, no fever, I am on antibiotics 4th day. The problem is that I have a bump on my cheek which sounds normal, but it's very hard and as big as a grape. Tried to push(not really squeeze it but press it) it a little bit and from the wound there was something like blood coming out, but not really thick as blood, I would describe it as lymph fluid maybe. Also my neck started swelling too. And one more thing, my lower lip and chin on the left side are numb from the beginning. I talked to my OS on the phone (it's sunday, so there is no one at the clinic), she said she wants to see me, but also said it's probably a lymph. Tomorrow morning I will go to the clinic. Does someone experienced something similar? I am worried it could be infected and I waited too long. I was following all of the instructions to keep my mouth clean, using a mouthwash eludril from the second day. I know I wasn't supposed to push it, but from all I was reading on the internet wanted to see if it's pus.

Thank you!

Veli4ka,

How are you doing today? did you go in and check on that..! Hope all is well ..any answers?

Veli4ka,

How are you doing today? did you go in and check on that..! Hope all is well ..any answers?

Hi,

I went to the OS and she put me on more antibiotics (instead of 5 days i have to take them 10), my face is going down, the lymph is kind of shrinking, I hope will be gone soon. I started reading about salivary glands on the internet and kind of freak out.. But I need to stop checking out the internet so often. I will keep you posted. Today is day 6 after my surgery, just hope in few days I will forget about all of that.

I'm really glad to hear it's a tad better, even though you don't quite feel out of the woods so to say. I know how the Internet searching goes, mist time only gives more fear. The more I build trust w my dentist the less likely I am to go surf the dental pages. It takes a bit of time to build tgat up and I still do from time to time but much less . I hope this gets better quick for you!!

Today is the 7th day starting. The swelling is going down, the hard lump on mu cheek is getting smaller. The feeling on the edge of my chin is coming back. But what I notice is that since the swelling is not that bad anymore there is this uncomfortable feeling, like a very light dull pain in all of my lower teeth on the side of the extracted tooth. It's probably because the nerve was squeezed somehow and now the it's trying to start working again. I am taking Milgamma N for the nerve since the first day. Hope that soon things will be back to normal.

Back