• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Pain

P

Paradox

The unthinkable has happened although I knew it would sooner or later.
PAIN....

And I know this is going to lead to a visit, I just know it
Its been about 10 years and before that another 10 years.
Last visit I had to go as a Wisdom Tooth needed to come out, pain so bad I was causing pain elsewhere to take my mind off it for a few seconds, should have gone to emergency care but I was scared and stupid.
I didn't let them do anything except remove the tooth so for the rest of the teeth its been over 20 years since the last visit....

Teeth are in bad shape, wouldn't be at all surprised if the plaque bridge is the only thing holding them in, I am terrified what they might find and I am embarrassed and ashamed of the state they are in.

To make matters worse, I just can't afford this right now.

Paradox...

How are you doing? is your pain getting any better? did you make an appt or get in to see anyone .. I know its all alot to even think about.. I hope all is well.

So that was 5 years ago and the pain went away so I didn't have to see anyone.
Now I have a very different kind of pain.
The gum and mouth feels sore and inflamed at the back of my mouth on the lower right.
It doesn't feel like a bad tooth (most of them are bad but never any pain from them) It almost feels like another wisdom tooth is trying to push its way through but I am not sure how that could be possible as I had 4 of them out (1 each side) many years ago.

I hope this pain goes away like the last time, not sure how much longer I can wait thou, its keeping me awake

Back