• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Help!! 5days post extraction

S

Stepharoniroesner

I had my wisdom teeth extracted 11/11. It’s currently 11/16. I only had 3 removed left lower, right upper and lower. The left lower is looking great despite the hematoma. And the right upper looks great. The lower right was impacted and hard to get(very very back of mouth) I see a SOME white film but very much and somewhat of a hole that’s dark dark red dang near brown. The pain is minimum not to bad. I have Tmj and that’s really the only pain I’m feeling. But it almost looks like a hole and I’m worried it’s the start of dry socket. Thanksgivings next week and I’m gonna be so upset if I get dry socket it’s going to ruin my holidays. :( I constantly look in the mirror with a flashlight looking at them cause I’m worried about dry socket.

I was the same when I had a molar out last month. Mine looked exactly like that during the first 2 weeks and I was in the mirror with a torch all the time. I had an appointment with the hygienist a week after extraction and she said it was fine. Apparently scar tissue is white when it's in the mouth because it is wet. Eventually the red/brown will go and the white will get less until you have a shallow pink hole which will eventually fill in.

Back